Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

I need Legal Advice... tenant vs landlord

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ryan0sj21

Arresto Menor

Hello there!

I'm in need of some legal advice, it's about my problem with my landlord. Recently we wrote a letter to our landlord informing her that we would like to have our contract pre-terminated and for us to consume our 2 months deposit, due to the major repairs that has not been done since Feb of 2011 that has resulted to injuries caused by the leaks that seeps through out the apartment. We also added in our letter the serious concern for our safety due to the fact that all of her apartment units including ours, have been broken into and got robbed.

Our Landlord, replied through letter and informed us that she would not allow us to have our contract be terminated because "mabibitin daw sya" and likewise told us that it was not possible because the contract has not expired yet . Furthermore she just bursted out of anger and kept screaming in front of the neighbors that we don't pay her for the monthly dues and that we never informed her of such repairs that needed to be done. She kept denying that she never knew of such repairs, even if she herself knows that we were at the barangay last may of 2011 because of the undone repairs to her apartment.

We then wrote another letter to her as a reply, we told her that we know that the contract has not been expired yet and was hoping for an approval since we were not the ones who violated her contract by ignoring us of our requests for repairs as stated in the contract of lease that the lessor is liable for any major repairs in the unit. We also included that if she does not want to have the contract pre-terminated that we demand to have all repairs done and for her to hire a security guard for her units. If not then she has to make some sort of acknowledgement that in the event of any future accidents due to theft or damage to our belongings, that she will be held liable for our loss.

I wanted to ask if there is legal way for us to be able to have the contract terminated? or will we have to keep staying in the apartment and wait for the landlord if our demands would be met or ignored until the contrct expires?..

We would really appreciate a reply thanks!

Last edited by ryan0sj21 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Much Clearer)

2I need Legal Advice... tenant vs landlord Empty i need legal advice lessee vs lessor Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:19 pm

victoria toledo

Arresto Menor

can i charge the owner tresspassing, because he lock the place where i operate my food bussiness then he told me that he will demolish some part of the place to cover up my 1 month due rental june 24 to july 24 , my reason of not paying him is he dont want give mo source of electricity since june 24 til now, he told me that i violated the contract coz i did not pay ....but for my knowledge please correct me if im wrong he should not demolish any part of the place because we agreed before thart major renovation expenses should be in the expense of the lessee and the lessor, but they have no money to pay me back for the expenses so we agreed to offset half of my rentals serve as partial payment for the share renovation, my contract to them will due on jan 2012 yet even my contact finish on that date the shared renovation will not cover all the expenses the owner will still have balance to me in that case... what will i do.. please help me.. thank you

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum