Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

SCHOOL-RELATED CASE

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SCHOOL-RELATED CASE Empty SCHOOL-RELATED CASE Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:51 am

Semi_Geek

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I was supposed to graduate from my degree program last year (2010). However, due to a pending case filed against me in 2008, my diploma was put on hold despite finishing the required academic units.

I checked the university's handbook. There were provisions relating to the proceedings, saying that a resolution must be released not later than 45 days after the commencement of the hearings. The case was filed last 2008, and nothing happened for three years already! When I talked with the head, she mentioned to me the lack of quorum and the moves of our lawyer and the complainants' lawyer as reasons for the delay of the decision.

Also, besides the quorum issue, we are encountering some issues with our lawyer. Someone had been representing us for two years but recently he quitted. Now, we're just trying to tap someone to represent us in the meantime but he may not stay long.

In relation to the administrative case in school, another case was also filed against me in an RTC, also in 2008. There were notable progress in the case filed at the RTC. There were series of appearances whenever we submit affidavits and counter-affidavits. The process was somehow slow, but recently the RTC has released a resolution. I was relieved that my name was eliminated from the list of respondents.

Only the administrative case remains an issue.

I really want to put an end to this since my graduation has been delayed despite my non-involvement in the incident that I was implicated into. I want to get my records, submit the necessary requirements to the company I will be working in and take post-graduate studies.

With that, I have some questions in mind.

1. When I consulted the DOJ Action Centre, one of their lawyers mentioned to me that it is an administrative case. And that although a resolution has been already released, the lawyer emphasised to me the difference of the school and the court in viewing the case. But I am inclined to think that the decision of the RTC may give weight to the school's decision-making. Now what could be the possible implications of the resolution to the administrative case? Are there any appropriate motion/order/resolution useful to expedite the due process? May the court influence the university to adopt the resolution?

2. I'm planning to get a private lawyer to focus on the administrative case. To be honest, my family and I cannot fully support the legal expenses if I will be getting a private lawyer. But it has bothered me for so long and I would want to get one now. Do you have any institution/agency in mind where I can get a lawyer and be represented? Either pro bono or at a very minimal cost (although my family would prefer the former). I have already visited PAO (inside DOJ) but they said my income isn't qualified for pro bono service.

Hope you can advise me on this matter. Thanks a lot.

2SCHOOL-RELATED CASE Empty Re: SCHOOL-RELATED CASE Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:32 pm

attyLLL

1)DOJ lawyer is correct; the bases for the court and the school are different. but you can use the rtc decision to influence the school.

2) you can try at the IBP or law schools.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum