Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

What happens to money in your bank accounts when you die?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jeromeherrera2006

Arresto Menor

Hi. I would like to know what would happen to bank deposits after I die. I tried asking one of the managers in the bank but I did not get a very clear answer. All they said was that the accounts are frozen upon notification of the death of the depositor then it all goes to the court. So my question is does it really have to go to the court? Will tax be deducted from it? If I have a will, will it change things or will it only specify to whom the money should go to? I also would like to know what happens to investments such as mutual funds and uitfs, and bsp special deposit accounts when the investor/depositor dies. I'd like to know the procedure that the family member would have to go through. Thanks all in advance.

clanwolf

clanwolf
Arresto Menor

you may be referring to Republic Act 3936, as amended otherwise known as the "Unclaimed Balances Law."

attyLLL

the funds in your account become part of your estate. the heirs have to settle your estate, pay the inheritance taxes before the money can be released to them.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

evev

Arresto Menor

my college professor said if it's a joint account

the co-depositor should immediately withdraw all money to avoid hassles

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum