Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Job Moonlighting and its legality

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Job Moonlighting and its legality Empty Job Moonlighting and its legality Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:12 pm

mistermoonlight

Arresto Menor

Dear Attorney,

I would like to avail a legal advice regarding accepting "other" job after regular office hour.

I work 8-5pm in a reputable college somewhere in Manila.My status in that organization is supervisory and my nature of work is administrative and non-teaching in nature.Since it is college/university, the compensation is only enough for my family expenses.I am considered also as a "regular permanent employee in that university.

I already finished my MBA wayback 2003.I consider this institution as my main employer other than that I am not employed to other company.Right now I need an extra job after my 8-5pm job in that institution and the only solution is to teach part time in any colleges/universities around metro Manila.With my mother employer, I receive complete compensation/benefits/perks/etc..yet KULANG pa rin talaga ang pumapasok na income sakin.

Sayang ang MBA ko, baka this is an avenue to use it (part time teaching job).

Bawal po ba ang JOB MOONLIGHTING? Since ang trabaho ko ay 8-5pm, I will take the opportunity to work part time 6pm-9pm TEACHING in any colleges/universities?

Hindi po ba ito conflict of INTEREST?Since na mga kalabang colleges/universities ito ng aking MOTHER EMPLOYER?

I studied carefully our EMPLOYMENT MANUAL..ang nakita ko lang passage doon na talagang bawal eh yung "accepting other job during official working time in the College/University"....Paano po ba ang interpretation po nito? So possible po ba na puwede ako mag work after my official time sa kalabang university/college ng aking MAIN EMPLOYER?

Paano na po papasok ang conflict of interest doon?I am very hesistant to take this step,gusto ko po ng concrete legal advice baka mamaya eh magka problem ako at kung ano ano ang ikaso sakin ng aking mother employer.

Salamat po in advance Attorney..

2Job Moonlighting and its legality Empty Re: Job Moonlighting and its legality Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:22 pm

attyLLL

that's very iffy. i recommend you file a letter with your current employer to inquire whether they will consider it a conflict of interest.

if you proceed without informing them, I'm sure they will find out eventually.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Job Moonlighting and its legality Empty Re: Job Moonlighting and its legality Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:48 pm

mistermoonlight

Arresto Menor

Thank you very much attorney in your response.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum