Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

moonlighting

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1moonlighting Empty moonlighting Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:09 pm

jaceejoef

Arresto Menor

hi,

I was still working on my former employer (let's call them employer A) and was still halfway on my 1-year contract with them when I told that I want to resign and already send my resume in another company (let's call them employer B) and will go under training with them when they respond.

For a week, my supervisors, my project manager, the HR, operations director, and almost everyone on the upper management try to talk to me not to resign so that means everyone knows about my resignation plan.

I've been training with them for more two weeks when employer A send me a Notice of Explanation stating that I violate the no-moonlighting policy of the contract.

The policy states something "moonlighting that conflicts with the company's time and interest".

Moonlighting means having a another job aside from the current job.

In my opinion the training with employer B isn't a job because the training is only an assessment one with no contract or attachments to the company. One's I pass the training that's when they'll give a contract.

I send employer A a Letter of Explanation that I didn't violate the contract and I read the contract before engaging into anything with employer B.

After two days, they told me that they will be conducting an admin hearing on my case. During the admin hearing they gang up on me saying that I indeed violate it and did all twist and turn that sometimes already out of the main topic. Of course I defended myself saying that I did my research I know I'm not guilty of there accusations. They change tactic and told me that it will lead to employment once I pass the training and will result to violating the no-moonlighting policy. I told them that attempted murder is different from murder so I was still about to violate the no-moonlighting so it doesn't count. They told me that okay I didn't violate the moonlighting policy but it conflicts the company interest but I told them it's a "moonlighting that conflicts with the compant policy". And again the told out of topic reasoning. blah blah blah.

I heard from the former employees of employer A that I can do nothing about my situation that they are really like that. If they can't hold me then might us well put some dirt on my 201 file like employer A did to them.

So what do you think? Did I really violate the contract?

2moonlighting Empty Re: moonlighting Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

why dont you just submit your resignation with company A.

3moonlighting Empty Re: moonlighting Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:17 pm

jaceejoef

Arresto Menor

i did submit my resignation on employer A after the admin hearing so that they can't say anymore stuff about me. but one of my trusted supervisor told me that they gonna put the said violation on my 201 file so I want to know if I really violate it.

4moonlighting Empty Re: moonlighting Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:34 pm

fcruz

Arresto Menor

just be transparent with employer B and that 201 will not matter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum