Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unjustified treatment at work

2 posters

Why are Filipino's afraid to stand up for their rights?

Unjustified treatment at work Vote_lcap25%Unjustified treatment at work Vote_rcap 25% [ 1 ]
Unjustified treatment at work Vote_lcap25%Unjustified treatment at work Vote_rcap 25% [ 1 ]
Unjustified treatment at work Vote_lcap50%Unjustified treatment at work Vote_rcap 50% [ 2 ]
Unjustified treatment at work Vote_lcap0%Unjustified treatment at work Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4
Back

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unjustified treatment at work Empty Unjustified treatment at work Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:08 am

unhappyUScitizen

unhappyUScitizen
Arresto Menor

I am a Retired US citizen living here in the Philippines and I am full blooded Filipino and now work for a call center. I am a new employee and after working for about a month there is a problem with payroll and HR. I am very outspoken being from the US and cannot tolerate the inept bureaucracy of the BPO I work for. I took the matter up with the HR director and the Site director I was told I need to except the process and all they can do is apologize for the delay in getting my paycheck. The site director has called me a cancer to himself and to the company and seems to be threatening to try to fire in me in someway. The problem all started with not letting me know that my bank forms was missing my mothers maiden name. I was not informed of this until 2 days before payday. It so happened that the trainer at the time forgot to mention to me that I was missing information 2 weeks before the deadline for payroll. Thus I would have to wait 2 more weeks in order to receive my paycheck. So all in all I would have to wait a month and half to receive my paycheck. The Site director and HR director admitted the miscommunication and attempted to make amends to get me and 3 others our pay 4 days latter. I was told my account number was generated and could go to pick up my pay at the bank. When I went to withdraw my pay over the counter I was told no money was available. Of course I was very angry. I was told later that day at work that one of the finance officers had not signed off for approval. The Site manager told me I put words in his mouth stating he and the HR department never promised that our pay would be available as of yet. Although I discussed this 4 days prior and on the day on which they said I could go get my pay with another HR personnel. I called the HR department asking for my account number and told her I was going to the bank to withdraw my paycheck. They never informed me that the money was not available as of yet...and I even ran into one of the other employees that was told she would be getting paid as well. So am I wrong to be angry or do I just accept the way things are here in the Philippines and that US companies don't have to abide by Equal Rights in the Work place as they do in the US thus the reason why the other 3 employees accept the way things are...and just keep there anger in check and just vent their frustrations in private with me and don't speak and demand their rights and treated fairly? The site manager has told me to keep my emotions in check and to keep my dealings personal between himself and me and that I shouldn't be stirring up the other 3 employees getting them and the rest of the employees concerned because I am upset for not getting paid. Which in fact the only people that know of my problems are my batch and the 3 employees involved HR and my trainer. I am not going out talking to other employees of the company and complaining to them...how could they help me get my pay??? So does it suck to be me???

2Unjustified treatment at work Empty Re: Unjustified treatment at work Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:06 pm

attyLLL

so how did they propose to resolve it?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Unjustified treatment at work Empty Re: Unjustified treatment at work Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:33 pm

unhappyUScitizen

unhappyUScitizen
Arresto Menor

I still have not been paid...today is September 01, 2011 I started on August 8th, 2011. Do I have any recourse?

4Unjustified treatment at work Empty Re: Unjustified treatment at work Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:42 pm

attyLLL

the legal recourse if to file a complaint at the national labor relations commission, but I believe the problem may be solved even before a hearing can be scheduled.

there are also laws against deliberately delaying salaries, but it's difficult to prove.

perhaps you can begin by making sure that all the information that the bank needs is already with them, and that the account is already open

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5Unjustified treatment at work Empty Re: Unjustified treatment at work Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:56 pm

unhappyUScitizen

unhappyUScitizen
Arresto Menor

My account is already opened I have already been to the bank with the account number issued for my paycheck...there still has not been any money posted to my account...and have found out that the other 3 office mates who has the same issue...have not been paid to date as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum