Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

single parent teacher

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1single parent teacher Empty single parent teacher Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:55 pm

marwell

Arresto Menor

Atty., gud pm!
I am a single parent and recently applying for a teaching position. Among the applicants in our baranggay I was able to excel in the ranklist, so there's a possibility that I'll be hired first. My big problem is that I have a live-in partner now which is a married man and I could not marry him bec. his marriage is not yet annulled and he could not afford financially to file an annulment but he's not the father of my child. When he came in to my life my child is 2 y.o. and fortunately I passed the licensure exam during our first few mos. living together and I indicated solo parent in my application papers.

My questions are;
1. Can my co-applicant file a protest against me if I'll be hired for the reason that I have the so-called ellicit relation as stated in the "Code of Ethics", a violation?
2. Solo parent welfare act protects against discrimination in employment, could I be protected with this act even if I have partner but we're not married, so I remain single in civil status?
3. Could I be affected with the protest even if we don't have our own child and we're living together for life?
4. Is my co-applicant entitle to protest me even if she's not the wife of my partner?

Please advice me what to do if those speculations of mine may happen.
Thanks.....

2single parent teacher Empty Re: single parent teacher Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:36 pm

attyLLL

1) yes
2) solo parent is fine, but living in with a married man is something else
3) yes
4) yes

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum