Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bouncing check law

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bouncing check law Empty Bouncing check law Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:13 am

Fiona

Arresto Menor

Hi, need urgent help.. i signed as co maker in a loan 6 years ago but the principal borrower failed to pay..in return the lending company mandated me to settle the corresponding amount..bec of this & out of fear i issued checks. But then i had an opportunity to work abroad and took it rightaway. The principal borrower also left the country to migrate in canada, but promised me that he will take care of it, apparently he failed to do so..and i think the lending company filed a case sometime in 2006.. Not sure though on the exact date..its been 6 years that im not going home but i recently lost my job and decided to come home for good with little money i saved abroad to start a new business. I remembered this case suddenly so i asked someone to check it for me..and i found out that the case is " pending"

Im not sure if there is a warrant of arrest issued, and i was able to renew my passport last year.. I have to leave tomorrow as my visa already expired in the middle east..need to stay in Hongkong for a couple of days while im trying to find someone who can help me check if i dont have a hold departure order in the immigration..i just dont want to end up in jail for helping someone or out of ignorance..

If in case a warrant of arrest is already issued, can i post bail and make settlement, if i can settle the amount rightaway just to be able to come home in the phillipines and live free..i will be stuck in hongkong
In case i cannot find someone to help me check in the immigration..

Need your advise please.. Appreciate your urgent response.

2Bouncing check law Empty Re: Bouncing check law Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:33 pm

attyLLL

i doubt you would be arrested upon your entry at the airport. you should come back first then deal with it.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum