Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Family Issues Property Settlement

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Family Issues Property Settlement Empty Family Issues Property Settlement Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:10 pm

jwt9800470

Arresto Menor

Hi,

My mom and dad are separated but not legally (separacion de facto). My dad has a mistress and he is living with her now in the mistress's house. It is rumored that they adopted a child. Improvements had been made in the property. They also purchased chattel properties as well as real properties together. We don't know yet if the property is named under my father or not though some people say that the mistress are telling them its under her name. My father is giving my mom an allowance for her medication which is roughly less than 10% of his income.

Question:
1. What actions can we take aside from filing a legal separation case that would force my dad to show all his assets to account the conjugal property and make sure its intact? Take note we don't want to liquidate the asset yet we just want it fully accounted.
2. Is it advisable to furnish a document to be signed by my dad that he did not adopt the child rumored to have been adopted by him and his mistress? The reason why we want to have the document is because the mistress was said to have filed adoption papers and was said to have submitted the same to the civil registrar - the registrar though have been said to have refused the said papers (i'm not sure of the process).
3. Should we take no action for now and in case my father die would we be able to have claim against all the properties that my dad and his mistress acquired when they started living together given that we are able to prove that part of his salary is being used to pay for the properties?

Thank you. Any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum