Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Settlement Issues

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Settlement Issues Empty Settlement Issues Tue May 30, 2017 1:19 am

Jonhel619

Arresto Menor

I was involved in a car accident where I accidentally hit someone and broke his foot's bones. We went through the process and had a settlement agreement that I pay him 13000 php in installment until May 31. I don't have a job and I stated that beforehand. Now, he has been bombarding me with text messages demanding that I give the money and when I don't respond, he threatens me tha he will file a case against me. I just need a few clarifications.

1. If I meet the settlement agreement, can he still file a case against me?
2. Can I file a case against him for harassment and threatening?

Thank you very much.

2Settlement Issues Empty Re: Settlement Issues Tue May 30, 2017 1:42 pm

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

1. Is the settlement agreement in writing? There has to be a clause in there that your fulfillment of the obligation stated in the settlement is the consideration for their waiver of any civil or criminal cases against you.

Honestly though, I don't think P13,000 is enough for broken bones in the foot. Depending on the extent of the injury, recovery and therapy, not to mention medicines and costs for operation, if any, will amount to more than P13,000.

Put yourself in that person's shoes. You think you will let the person who broke your foot get away without paying for the expenses just because he says he does not have a job? Honestly. Don't be an asshole.

2. You can. Whether you will be successful in doing so is totally another matter.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum