Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

wife's bad loan

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1wife's bad loan Empty wife's bad loan Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:31 am

leon

Arresto Menor

I am an OFW,my wife confessed to me that she has bad loan that she kept secret from me. The loan was used to cover other loans. With this loan, a usurer put in high interest on the capital. and asked her to sign that jewelry goods but not cash were taken by her from usurer.She left our passbook and she opened an account with ATM to the usurer as guarantee for repayment. Because i never knew it, no payment reached her. if the case is filed against my wife what will happen next? what are the procedures?i can offer repayment but how i will propose? can lawyer do that for me because i am away.i want to save her.

2wife's bad loan Empty Re: wife's bad loan Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:29 am

leon

Arresto Menor

Attorney, please advise me on the above problem. ano po ang dapat na gawin ko para mapilit ko na alisin yung interest at nang makayanan ko bayaran ang utang na yan but in successive payments that i can bear
pwede po ba kasuhan ng usury ang ganitong pagpapautang, pwed po ba kasuhan ang taong nang haharass sa paninigil?

3wife's bad loan Empty Re: wife's bad loan Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:21 am

attyLLL

the problem is that a case for estafa can be claimed using the jewelry contract. one way you can prevent this is to file a case for annulment of the contract

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4wife's bad loan Empty wife's bad loan Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:05 pm

leon

Arresto Menor

Thank you attorney, but will you advise me what we need to file the annulment of the contract. I was later informed that she was asked to sign in a trust receipt. What implications will it bring if estafa will be filed?
What can be the best solution that I can offer so she will drop the case, but of course that must be bearable on my part.

5wife's bad loan Empty Re: wife's bad loan Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:43 am

attyLLL

negotiate payment terms which are acceptable to you both.

a petition for annulment of the contract is a civil case. it can also be used as a prejudicial question to prevent the estafa case. you will need a lawyer.

6wife's bad loan Empty wife's bad loan Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:31 am

leon

Arresto Menor

Maraming salamat po Attorney,talaga nga palang kakailanganin na ang lawyer sa sitwasyon na to.

Sa ngayon po, after my overseas phone to her she demanded a huge amount. hindi nya po inaccept ang terms na inioffer ko. she wanted now, pero kaaalis ko lang at walang fund na ganoong halaga. and she threatened to file a case. after that, she denied any calls from me and from my wife. i sent SMS that but there was no reply.

Kung sulatan po ba ang tao na yon para ipaalam ang willingness namin na magbayad at makipag ayos ay makakatulong para sa sitwasyon na to?

7wife's bad loan Empty Re: wife's bad loan Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:40 pm

attyLLL

negotiating is pretty much you can do. or as i suggested, filed a complaint to annul the trust receipt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum