Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

My wifes company

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My wifes company  Empty My wifes company Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:45 pm

garc78

Arresto Menor

Good day

!

Last edited by garc78 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total

2My wifes company  Empty Re: My wifes company Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:31 am

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

The rule below applied to the husband who is a citizen of the Philippines while the wife is a foreigner when you got married after 1987.

if the company is established as a corporation, under the philippine law, a corporation has a personality separate and distinct from its stockholders or members. in this basis, you do not have any right to the company of your wife. your personality is distinct different from the company of your wife and its corporate acts emanate from the board of directors as stated in the articles of incorporation. Unless you are one of the board of directors, you may participate in the usual dealing or transaction of the company or corporation.

if you and your wife are married in the philippines, the system of absolute Community of property should govern the property relation, it is a system of property relation that treats properties acquired by the spouses during their marriage as jointly-owned. It consists of all the properties owned by the spouses at the time of the celebration of the marriage or acquired thereafter unless the property involved is expressly excluded by an existing marriage settlement or by the provisions of the philippine family law.

additionally, the system of absolute community of property is considered as the default property regime of the spouses. in the absence of a marriage settlement or if one is considered void, the law itself prescribes such as the operative property system within the marriage. under the family code, the system of absolute community of property commences at the precise moment the marriage is celebrated and any stipulation allowing for the commencement of such system at a later time shall be considered as void. the rules governing co-ownership shall apply in all matters not provided for in the family code.

so if the company profits, that part of profit should go to the absolute community of property.

hope this might help!

Last edited by shad_marasigan on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:36 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Additional Information)

3My wifes company  Empty Re: My wifes company Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:07 am

garc78

Arresto Menor

the company is on her own name there is no corporation!

Last edited by garc78 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total

4My wifes company  Empty Re: My wifes company Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:08 am

garc78

Arresto Menor

this mean that she own 2 companies now!

5My wifes company  Empty Re: My wifes company Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:19 am

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

The rule below applied to the husband who is a citizen of the Philippines while the wife is a foreigner who got married after 1987.

not entirely both of them, the first one is owned by her separately as her exclusive property. the other new one is owned by both of you since it was created during the marriage. so if the second company profits, then it should go to absolute community of property. so if you invest in the first company, your wife has to give back your investment and any profit that has been accrued minus expenses. however that investment came along in the mid section of the marriage, it should belong to absolute community of property as it was during the marriage that it was presumed to be created.

Last edited by shad_marasigan on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:31 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Additional Information)

6My wifes company  Empty Re: My wifes company Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:58 am

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

Here is the law when you got married before 1987.

If the marriage is between a citizen of the Philippines and a foreigner, whether celebrated in the Philippines or abroad, the following rules shall prevail:
(1) If the husband is a citizen of the Philippines while the wife is a foreigner, the provisions of this Code shall govern their relations;
(2) If the husband is a foreigner and the wife is a citizen of the Philippines, the laws of the husband’s country shall be followed, without prejudice to the provisions of this Code with regard to immovable property.

Please consult your law of the land on property relations.

Here is the law when you got married after 1987.

PROPERTY RELATIONS BETWEEN HUSBAND AND WIFE

Chapter 1. General Provisions

Art. 74. The property relationship between husband and wife shall be governed in the following order:
(1) By marriage settlements executed before the marriage;
(2) By the provisions of this Code; and
(3) By the local custom. (118)
Art. 75. The future spouses may, in the marriage settlements, agree upon the regime of absolute community, conjugal partnership of gains, complete separation of property, or any other regime. In the absence of a marriage settlement, or when the regime agreed upon is void, the system of absolute community of property as established in this Code shall govern. (119a)
Art. 80. In the absence of a contrary stipulation in a marriage settlement, the property relations of the spouses shall be governed by Philippine laws, regardless of the place of the celebration of the marriage and their residence.
This rule shall not apply:
(1) Where both spouses are aliens;
(2) With respect to the extrinsic validity of contracts affecting property not situated in the Philippines and executed in the country where the property is located; and
(3) With respect to the extrinsic validity of contracts entered into in the Philippines but affecting property situated in a foreign country whose laws require different formalities for its extrinsic validity. (124a)

Last edited by shad_marasigan on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:37 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Addtional Information)

7My wifes company  Empty Re: My wifes company Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:30 am

garc78

Arresto Menor

Thanks a lot for the quick reply

8My wifes company  Empty Re: My wifes company Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:44 am

garc78

Arresto Menor

My wife

Last edited by garc78 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total

9My wifes company  Empty Re: My wifes company Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:15 am

Pedro Parkero

Pedro Parkero
Reclusion Perpetua

garc78 wrote:Good day

I am married since 3 years and i invest some cash over 20000usd in the company of my wife!
Do i have any rights on the company as we are married?
I am foreigner and i dont leave in philippines!
I wish to have more information as my family ask me to be carfull!
The company of my wife is growing as she use my cash to open more branches!

what kind of company... corporation? sole proprietorship.. etc?

but if i were u i will not worry about the money... i will worry about the wife...she works too hard for ur money, she might get sick Smile

10My wifes company  Empty Re: My wifes company Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:17 pm

attyLLL

garc, under PH law, those are considered conjugal assets.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

11My wifes company  Empty Re: My wifes company Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:04 pm

garc78

Arresto Menor

Thanks a lot

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum