Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Last Pay for an employee who went on AWOL

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

redblanco

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I went on AWOL from my company. Am I still eligible for my last pay? I still reported in the last cut-off, from June 01 - 15, 2011 on which the pay-out should be last June 30,2011. I went on AWOL last June 26, 2011. I was surprised that I no longer have a salary last June 30. plus, i still reported to work on the cut-off June 16-25, 2011.
I have a medical certificate but I was terminated anyway for not giving them a notice.
I am trying to contact my employer which is a recruiting firm, but they are not answering my inquiry on how to go about what to do in order to get my pay.
Can I file a complaint in DOLE?
and what's the process?
Please help, thank you so much.

attyLLL

were you really sick? did they give you an opportunity to give a written explanation and a hearing?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

redblanco

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:were you really sick? did they give you an opportunity to give a written explanation and a hearing?

Yes, I was sick and my doctor can validate that,since he gave me a medcert. And No, they didn't gave me any chance for a written explanation, hearing or even a return to work notice.
Sounds like they have no plans on paying those last days (almost 1 month) I rendered at work and use the reason that I went on AWOL.

attyLLL

I recommend you write them a letter asking about your employment status. that way you'll have proof you were terminated if they don't answer. you can then file a complaint at nlrc.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum