Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Solo Parent Leave Denied

+2
sureshock2000
rtermulo
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Solo Parent Leave Denied Empty Solo Parent Leave Denied Sun May 29, 2011 4:57 am

rtermulo

Arresto Menor

Hi. I got my solo parent id from dswd last april 2011. On May 20, I found out that the first day of school of my daughter is June 14, 2011 and there is a parent orientation in the afternoon. Per my company's policy, an employee needs to file for a leave at least 2 weeks in advance. I applied for a solo parent leave right away (may 20) but was informed that it will not be granted to me because 3 employees already filed for a vacation leave on that same day and that there is a big possibility that our Workforce Management from Bangalore will not approve my solo parent leave. According to may 1st line and 2nd line managers, if Bangalore workforce denies my request then there is nothing else they or I can do. What are the steps that I need to take? should i go to dwsd or dole or nlrc and request for a letter addressed to my employer that they cannot deny my request for a solo parent leave?

2Solo Parent Leave Denied Empty Re: Solo Parent Leave Denied Sun May 29, 2011 5:22 am

sureshock2000

lawyer

hello, considering that vacation leave is a previlege given by the employer to its regular employee, if in the event the said leave of absence will hamper the operations of such employer, they can recall or reschedule the said leave of absence by its employees.

In your case, it is still best that you talk to your immediate superior and ask for reconsideration. I don't think he/she will deny your request considering that you will give a reasonable and valid cause why you are taking a leave of absence.

Now in the event your request is denied, as you were asking if you can get a letter from DOLE, DSWD or NLRC, yes you can however, this may send a bad signal to your employer and may be taken against you. don't burn bridges with them. it is still best to be diplomatic....

3Solo Parent Leave Denied Empty Re: Solo Parent Leave Denied Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:48 am

rtermulo

Arresto Menor

thank you for the advice. I appreciate it.

4Solo Parent Leave Denied Empty Re: Solo Parent Leave Denied Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:58 am

khittie

Arresto Menor

hello.

i just wanna ask. when can we consider emergency leave as solo parent leave? and who has more say on making decision emergency leave is a valid solo parent leave, HR or OM (Operations Manager)?

i was on emergency leave for one day coz my daughter's yaya needed to go home coz of emergency. i need to attend to my kid since no one will take care of her. i asked my tl if it cant be filed as sl, if it's ok to file it as CL (childcare leave for our company). When i got back to office, our OM denied the request to file as CL since per OM, solo parent leave should be filed in advance. Can OM deny that even if our HR confirmed that yes it should be filed in advance UNLESS of course in emergency cases?

How can i go about dealing with it? Should i talk to HR about it??

thanks!

5Solo Parent Leave Denied Empty Re: Solo Parent Leave Denied Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:56 am

attyLLL

have you worked at least 1 year with the company?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

6Solo Parent Leave Denied Empty Re: Solo Parent Leave Denied Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:07 pm

mikhaila

Arresto Menor

hi,

i already have a solo parent id and was able to take advantage some of my solo parent leave, however my boss requires me to send a proofs and documentations that i really did take my child to the doctor or else they will not acknowledge my SPL(solo parent leave) and deduct it from my regular employee leave.

do we really have to send documentations to them as a proof that we needed to take that SPL or is it just our right to take it whenever we need it? because some of the situations included for solo parent leave approval provided to us by one of our previous manager (which i copied and paste below) does not have anyone to give you any letter or documentation that you attended it, i.e. PTA Meeting, etc.

---
Not all leaves are granted and it is basically dependent also on the age of the child (i.e. school activity, etc.).

Samples of Approved leaves follows:
• Child is sick
• School activity requiring parent attendance (graduation, PTA meetings, field trips)[
• Child’s scheduled or regular doctor’s check-up

Samples of disapprove leaves follows:
• Family outing
• Other family affairs (wedding, etc)
---

please advise. thank you so much

7Solo Parent Leave Denied Empty Re: Solo Parent Leave Denied Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:38 am

attyLLL

mikhalla, i believe that is a reasonable requirement. for pta, try to get some written statement that you were really present such as the attendance sheet, or certification issued by someone in charge

spl should not be used for outings and weddings.

8Solo Parent Leave Denied Empty Re: Solo Parent Leave Denied Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:55 am

darknight010772

Arresto Menor

hi,

i would just like to ask for some assistance. i called my boss as instructed (at least 2hrs before shift)that i wont be able to go to work because my aunt went to the province and was not able to coe home. i informed him that i need to use my SPL as i have no one to care for my daughter. i was then told that it is denied. what are the situation where we can use our SPL? can this count as an emergency leave?

your quick response will be highly appreciated.

thanks!

9Solo Parent Leave Denied Empty Re: Solo Parent Leave Denied Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:31 pm

attyLLL

darknight, make sure you are sending emails to document this occurrence. if not, send one that narrates that you informed them and the reason why you are not able to come to your shift. that way you have documentation if you will contest their actions

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum