Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Solo Parent Leave Denied

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Solo Parent Leave Denied Empty Solo Parent Leave Denied Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:07 pm

IamKrynxz

Arresto Menor

am a solo parent who worked in a BPO industry. Last December, my son got sick and so I was not able to go to work to take care of him.

According to RA 8972, The parental leave shall be availed of on a continuous or staggered basis, subject to the approval of the Administrator. In this regard, the solo parent shall submit the application for parental leave at least one (1) week prior to availing the solo parent leave, except on emergency cases. I reported back to work and brought with me my son's medical certificate so they can apply it towards my solo parent leave credits. But I was denied, due to no available slot for leaves during the day that I was absent. My question is, is it still for approval if it was an emergency case? I will not be paid for the days that I was absent because they won't merit the fact that I was taking care of my son. Also the fact that my incentives for December will be forfeited due to absences. I already have contacted our HR and was told that at least 1 week for notification except for emergency cases. But I was told different thing by my direct supervisor. Hoping for a response on this matter. I just really need clarifications on this. Thanks!

2Solo Parent Leave Denied Empty Re: Solo Parent Leave Denied Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:22 pm

attyLLL

In my opinion, you were entitled to use your Solo Parent Leave if your child was sick. Sadly, there is no clear agency which you can complain to, but if you want to challenge their failure to credit your leave, the legal remedy is to file a complaint at DOLE or at the NLRC

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Solo Parent Leave Denied Empty Re: Solo Parent Leave Denied Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:47 pm

IamKrynxz

Arresto Menor

Thanks! Until now , they havent credited it though HR already have forwarded the case back to them so they can do something about it. I got tired of dealing with management , my sentiments fall into deaf ears. No action, guess I should really go to DOLE to chek on this matter , was emailed by dole already and was told to visit their office . Thanks tho🤔

4Solo Parent Leave Denied Empty Re: Solo Parent Leave Denied Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:21 pm

attyLLL

Good luck

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5Solo Parent Leave Denied Empty Re: Solo Parent Leave Denied Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:52 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

ask hr maybe they will convert the unused leaves to cash. if so pareho lang but end of the year mo na makukuha but at least meron.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum