Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unpaid House Rental - Lessor disconnects utilities (water and electricity)

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

citizen

Arresto Menor

Our family is renting a unit on a condo type building for more than 7 years already. I lost my work for few months already that's why I wasn't able to pay the rent for several months now. The lessor remove our submeter for water. We dont have water right now. Our neighbor told us that the next thing the lessor will do is to remove our electricity meter which is under my name. I reviewed our contract, there's a portion there that says the Lessee give the lessor the right to remove the utilities in case the lessee failed to pay the rent.
Question:
1) Is that clause allowed the law?
2) Does the lessor have the right to remove our electricity even though it is under my name?
3) The lessor do not issue Official Receipt since I started renting the unit. The lessor only issues Provisionary Receipt. So, it's a clear violation under BIR.
4) The building is 5-storey high but doesn't have elevator. I think he is violating a building code that says a mandatory elevator should be placed if a building reaches 5-storey high.

I hope you can answer all my questions.
Thanks a lot in advance and more power.

attyLLL

in my opinion the clause is valid. you agreed to it when you signed the contract. to counter, report the theft of the water and the electricity meter

report him to the bir and to the city of the building official.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

cathy_frend

Arresto Menor

dear atty,
aask lng po ng advise
we are renting the place for 4 yrs now and we are unable to pay the rent for 15 months they issue demand letter to pay the balance and leave the place..
pwede po ba nila ipad-lock ung house kht di pa ngkakaron court litigition?

cathy_frend

Arresto Menor

yearly po sila mgpunta para maningil and naiipon muna ung bills saka sila darating para maningil nung dumating po sila my dala n sila demand letter fr atty na my 7 days kmi to settle ung kung hndi ipapad-lock nila ung bhay pwede po ba un?

attyLLL

don't leave your house left alone. you can resist their efforts to put a pad lock and remove it as soon as they place one,

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

mimiicee

Arresto Menor

Hi atty.just need some advice...we are now renting the place for almost 6mos...then i heard rumors na,nakasanla daw pala itong bahay na to sa banko kasi almost 5yrs.ndw hnd nbbyrn ng landlord ko itong nirerentahan nmen ..at sabi din nila n pag nalaman daw ng company ng globe asiatique n pinaparentahan parin ito maski hindi na binabayaran baka kunin daw ng bank kasama pa gamit namen...? Is it true na? Medyi napaisip kasi ako baka magulat nalang ako nasa harap na mga taga bank baka pate gamit ko kunin...pag tinatanong ko landlady ko she always say hnd daw...please advise thanks..

brie

Arresto Menor

Good evening Atty. lumipat po kami nung feb 11 pero feb 1 kami nag start ng monthly kaya ang monthly namin is every 1st day of the month, nagbgay kami ng 2 months deposit 1 month advance and and 1 year din po ang contract kaso nagka problem ako sa work kaya nagamit na din namin yung deposit namin so all in all hanggang june 30 nalang kami sa house. at gusto ng owner alis n kami sa july 1. tama po ba yun na kahit wala pa naman kaming balance papaalisin n agad kame? thank you po

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum