Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

mandatory retirement and retirement pay

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1mandatory retirement and retirement pay Empty mandatory retirement and retirement pay Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:10 pm

emmcebsd

Arresto Menor

My employer terminated my employment because of my age. I turned 65 last Jan 7 2018. When I joined them June 6 2017, my employer was aware I was 64 and 5 mos at the time and i will turn 65 in jan lf 2018. My termination came as a surprise as I was not made aware of this. There was no due process, I met with them on Aug 7 around 9pm via video conference (my office is located in cebu and the HR director is based in Manila) and was told right there and then that they were terminating me because of my age and they were invoking the mandatory retirement.I was not allowed to go back to my desk-I worked in the BPO/call center industry as a QA Analyst. My question I am entitled to a retirement-I only worked for them 14 mos. and why did they wait 7 mos to invoke the mandatory retirement on me and they did  this one week after I notified them that I applied for my lump sum sss benefits (at the advice of the sss office that i need to inform my employer. I have filed a complaint with the NLRC and our hearing is on oct 4.

Thank you very much for you feedback.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

If meron nang na file na sa nlrc i suggest you wait nalang for the hearing. Unfortunately you need to have worked for your employer for at least 5 years before you are entitled to retirement pay

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum