Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Divorse on Pending i-485

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Divorse on Pending i-485 Empty Divorse on Pending i-485 Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:21 am

ReynaBonita

Arresto Menor

I need some advice. I am in this situation wherein I have to show up in court to face my going to be ex husband
this 29th of August. He has filed for divorce, but then he wanted to reconcile and that's the reason for this court date. I am so clueless about all these and have no experience whatsoever in this matter. I don't work and don't have any fixed income.
I ran away from him because of his abusiveness towards me and his drug addiction to crack cocaine. His moods goes up and down. One minute he'll be nice and the next minute he's very mean. He dates online with several women and has also put his hands on me. I do have proofs of his conversations with them and also proofs of bruises. In the past, he was arrested because he was caught smoking crack in public.
Somehow, I am seeking some legal advice but I just don't have any money to pay an attorney. Please anyone, I need your help!

2Divorse on Pending i-485 Empty Re: Divorse on Pending i-485 Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:36 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Where are you based? As far as I know, there is still no divorce law here in the PH, unless you are in the Islamic Faith. Annulment is the only way to dissolve a marriage in PH law.

If your husband wanted to reconcile, he should not have filed a case. He should have initiated marriage counseling between you two, if he was truly serious in repairing your marriage. At the very least, he should have met up with you with common friends/relatives to initiate an intervention of sorts so that there would be a balance in the conversation between you two.

Seek the help of PAO, and also seek the local women's help desk. They may be able to help you attain a temporary restraining order against your husband if you are fearing for your safety.

Good luck. I hope you heal in due time.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum