Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Habitual "Required" Rendering Overtime at Rest Day

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

coles.tomas

Arresto Menor

So I got into a company thats on a Maintenance of Aircrafts. My company really has a habit to require us employees to Render some Overtime on our rest day most probably. Its been a 2 months since I got my full priveledge of 2 rest days. Although it's always paid higher than the usual. My body can't take too much especially with one day off (Where Only I can do is sleep for the whole day realizing overtime can't pay my tiredness).

So my question is, can I refuse to render overtime to this kind of what they called "EMERGENCY" as state Labor Code Article 89 (c) and (e) states.

Can this still a valid reason for an employer to require its employee to render some overtime when this became habitual? Does this still valid as a definition of "EMERGENCY" or this could be a sign that the Approved Maintenance Organization lacks its Manpower that violates that Law RA9497 Civil Air Regulation Part 6.4.1.1. (d)?
As its states "(d) The AMO shall employ SUFFICIENT personnel to plan, perform, supervise and inspect
and release the work in accordance with the approval."

I've already read some of the articles here on the internet but I still can't find the solid "YES or NO" answers. Thanks in advance

attyLLL

no, you should not refuse, but what you can do is to courteously inform management that you are against what they are doing, and you can elevate the matter to nlrc

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum