Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legalities

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Legalities Empty Legalities Wed May 16, 2018 12:15 pm

Melodia

Arresto Menor

Hi everyone. I’m here to seek an advice. Your response is very well appreciated. So now, I want to seek your advice about my situation well it involves my personal love life. I have a boyfriend of 2yrs, He’s currently working in Saudi Arabia and now my problem is He has a 6 y/o daugther from His youth and seperated now from His past girlfriend (not married). He’ve also mentioned that the legalities of His daughter to Him got notarized that the child has no support coming from Him way back since the child was born. Now, Me and My boyfriend are planning to settle down, I knew his past and I accepted everything He was. I am just a little bit worried, Is it okay if I’ll marry Him even He and His past girlfriend aren’t married? Am I not gonna be involved with further issues If I’ll pursue this? I love Him and I want also the best for Us. Pls. You are highly welcome to respond to my message. Thank you and God bless.

-Melodia

2Legalities Empty Re: Legalities Wed May 16, 2018 1:19 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

He’ve also mentioned that the legalities of His daughter to Him got notarized that the child has no support coming from Him way back since the child was born.
so you mean your husband is not supporting his child? Then there may come a time that the mother of the child will come after your bf and seek for support. if he still does not provide, he can be imprisoned.

3Legalities Empty Re: Legalities Wed May 16, 2018 1:45 pm

Melodia

Arresto Menor

Not yet my Husband Sir. He said that they agreed between Him and His ex-gf that He will just shoulder Her ex - gf’s maternity and ended His support to them with their Atty.

Sent from Topic'it App

4Legalities Empty Re: Legalities Wed May 16, 2018 1:47 pm

Melodia

Arresto Menor

But sometimes, He is also giving a support to His daughter whenever His ex-gf informs him.

Sent from Topic'it App

5Legalities Empty Re: Legalities Wed May 16, 2018 4:27 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

Please keep in mind that the support is the right of the child and not the mother. he has to show proof that he tries to provide support for his child on a regular basis in order for him to not be liable in the future.

keep in mind that even if you guys are married, his responsibility to his child will not be extinguished. anytime the mother can demand support from him. what I would advise is for him to fix his issue with the support arrangement so that you will not face any headache once he is your husband. you wouldn't want your husband to get imprisoned for this right?

6Legalities Empty Re: Legalities Wed May 16, 2018 4:52 pm

Melodia

Arresto Menor

So, what He has mentioned to me that He already fixed His liabilities to His daughter such as supporting her only when she was born is not legal? Is it possible? He had arranged it to their Atty. before with an agreement with her ex-gf. Anyway, I have no problem with the supporting system towards His daughter I accept that, but my concern also is, Can I still marry Him even they’re not married with His ex-gf? Could I be still His legal wife? Thank you so much.

Sent from Topic'it App

7Legalities Empty Re: Legalities Wed May 16, 2018 5:21 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

Their agreement is not legally binding so even if they both sign this, he can still be sued for lack of support in the future.

Yes of course you can marry him regardless of this situation. the scenario is just painted for you to have an idea on what may happen if you are already married and the ex decided to pursue legal action against your husband.

8Legalities Empty Re: Legalities Wed May 16, 2018 5:37 pm

Melodia

Arresto Menor

I see. So the support will just be on His daughter? And His Ex-gf will have no longer demand on Him?

Sent from Topic'it App

9Legalities Empty Legalities Wed May 16, 2018 5:38 pm

Melodia

Arresto Menor

Thank you so much Sir. it enlightened my understanding. God bless

Sent from Topic'it App

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum