Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Petition Letter Regarding Annulment

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Petition Letter Regarding Annulment  Empty Petition Letter Regarding Annulment Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:44 am

Selym

Arresto Menor

I just got a petition letter regarding annulment from my husband the other day stating that Im the one that has the problem and it blames me in all aspect even its not true. based on psych conclusion that both parties are mentally incapacitated. What should I do next? What will happen to my 8yr old child? I dont want to lose the custody of my kid? Thanks

2Petition Letter Regarding Annulment  Empty Re: Petition Letter Regarding Annulment Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:14 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Challenge the petition of your husband. Hire the services of a lawyer to file an answer that refutes said allegations.

Custody shall be decided by the court after presentation of all evidences and witness testimonies, if that was part of what was prayed for by the original petition by your husband.

3Petition Letter Regarding Annulment  Empty Re: Petition Letter Regarding Annulment Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:20 pm

Selym

Arresto Menor

His family and psych told me, to disregard it so that the marriage will be void asap. There's no problem if my ex husband wants to file an annulment.My only concern is the custody of my kid.

4Petition Letter Regarding Annulment  Empty Re: Petition Letter Regarding Annulment Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:43 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Ask your husband then if custody was part of what they prayed for in their petition to the family court. If yes, then you should ask what was asked for, since I am sure you would want to have custody over your 8 year old kid and anything changing that will be unacceptable on your part.

Be careful as well, since the Office of the SolGen might declare this as collusion between husband and wife to end their marriage under dubious grounds, especially since you seem to be amenable in just having the marriage ended by any means necessary.

At this point, it is best for you to hire a lawyer to oversee your case and assess the options you have if custody becomes an issue.

5Petition Letter Regarding Annulment  Empty Re: Petition Letter Regarding Annulment Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:10 am

Selym

Arresto Menor

Thank you so much. It helped me a lot.

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

You're welcome. Happy to help.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

attyLLL

tell his lawyer that you want a custody and support agreement to be approved by the court at pre-trial regardless of the outcome of the case. threaten them that you will oppose the petition if they dont agree

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

But whatever happens, if you really want to have your marriage annulled, then you have to try to oppose the petition and put forth even just a token resistance. Even if the resistance is just for show. Because if you do not file any answer to his petition at all, there is a bigger chance to declare that you and your spouse had been colluding to have the marriage annulled, which is a ground to dismiss the annulment petition. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/annulment-nullity-marriage

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum