Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

UNIVERSITY WORKING SCHOLARS' ISSUES

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1UNIVERSITY WORKING SCHOLARS' ISSUES Empty UNIVERSITY WORKING SCHOLARS' ISSUES Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:43 pm

jeff.formentera

Arresto Menor

Ako po ay isang WORKING STUDENT dito sa University of xxxxxxx. Kami po ay 100% free sa tuition fees. We render our service for 4 hours a day in 6 days a week to the university. For the whole semester po yan.

I just want to clarify lang po if what would be our other benefits that we can claim or ask aside from the 100% tuition fees? Kasi po, I attended yung "2010 National Summit on Labor and Employment" dito sa Cebu. At nai-share ko po yung condition naming mga working students. Tapos one director said na dapat daw eh yung university ay binabayaran kami ng SSS, PAG-IBIG at iba pang mga premiums. Totoo po ba yun? Paano po kaya namin gawin at ipaglaban yung mga benefits na yun?

2UNIVERSITY WORKING SCHOLARS' ISSUES Empty Re: UNIVERSITY WORKING SCHOLARS' ISSUES Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:06 pm

attyLLL

from omnibus rules implementing labor code:

SECTION 14. Working scholars. — There is no employer-employee relationship between students on one hand, and schools, colleges or universities on the other, where there is written agreement between them under which the former agree to work for the latter in exchange for the privilege to study free of charge, provided the students are given real opportunities, including such facilities as may be reasonable and necessary to finish their chosen courses under such agreement.

hope you don't rile yourself up. focus on study. good luck.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum