Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Terminated at Teaching in the University on the grounds of having a long hair

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

iamrain

Arresto Menor

Ako po ay isang IT professional sa isang malaking kumpanya at nagpa-part time professor sa isang state univesity sa isa sa mga master's degree nila sa graduate school since 2008.  May isa po akong hawak na subject at once a week po ang schedule ng klase ko.  At simula po ng nagturo ako sa univesity ay mataas po ang student evaluation sa akin every semester (Very Satisfactoy at Excellent).

Noong nakaraang sabado lang ay nakita ako ng Presidente ng university kung saan ako nagtuturo.  Noong nakita niya ako ay tinawag ako at tinanong kung sino daw ako at ano ang ginagawa ko sa school.  Sinabi ko naman na nagtuturo ako doon pero galit na sinabi na lumabas daw po ako ng school at hindi daw po pwede ang mahaba ang buhok.  Magpagupit daw muna ako.  Lumabas naman po ako.  Pero last Monday po ay nalaman ko na tinanggal na sa akin ang subject na hawak ko at di na ako pwedeng magturo sa school kailan man.  Tinanong po ng isang kasamahan ko sa in-charge ng subject loading kung anong grounds po at kung bakit hindi na ako maari pang magturo sa school and sabi po ay dahil daw po sa buhok ko. Utos daw po ng University President.

Ang pagkaka alam ko po ay walang  batas na nagbabawal na magturo ang isang tao (straight or gay) kung mahaba ang buhok niya. ( here's the link of how my hair looks like >> top-pmr.com/img/rain-hairstyle-korean-9447.jpg ) Ganyan lang po ang length ng hair ko ng makita ako ng Presidente na nagpalabas sa akin sa school at nag-utos na hindi na ako maaring magturo).

I just felt that my right to individuality was violated the same with my right as an employee to teach when the President asked me to get out of the school and  terminated me.

I wil appreciate if you can give me your legal advise on what should I do as I am planning to file a case to Civil Service Commission or CHED next week.

Thank you very much.

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Oh! Don't they know many of the most skilled "computer neerds" in the world have long hair?!
(E g the founders of Apple Computers Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak recently/still.)

But perhaps not so suprising. I have heared many Pinoys think long hair mean criminal,
but in many countries it mean skilled creative workers and sportsmen. (E g several of the top 10 football players in the World have long hair.)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum