Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

TEACHING LOADS for Librarians could we decline?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

alvin_dga22

Arresto Menor

I would like to seek who can interpret the Magna Carta for Teachers.

I am currently a school librarian in a private school. My principal gave me two subjects (grammar & creative writing for high school) to teach that is not in line with my work. I sent a letter to inform her that I decline to continue teaching the subjects so I could focus more on the task at hand which is being the librarian. She responded that under RA 4670, a teacher status applies to a school librarian and I am required to teach not more than 6 hours a day. I have an overload pay for those two subjects but I find it too low for the responsibilities that go with the teaching assignment.

Now she would like me to justify why I should not accept the loads given to me. Could somebody enlighten me on this matter. Thanks

lawyeranger

Prision Correccional

RA 9246, on scope of Librarian practice,says
xxx
5) Teaching, lecturing and reviewing of library, archives and information science subjects, including subjects given in the licensure examination

i dont think that will fall under archives and information science subject, save if they are one of those subjects given during licensure exams

alvin_dga22

Arresto Menor

could i use that (RA9246 -Scope of librarian) to justify my decision?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum