Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

1 minute late equals absent policy

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

11 minute late equals absent policy Empty 1 minute late equals absent policy Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:10 pm

Love♥

Arresto Menor

Hi there! Just want to ask if legal or makatwiran ba or does our law says something regarding late policies? kasi on our company, the management is imposing that if you are one minute late, you are not permitted to work.. therefore, you are considered absent.. Thanks

21 minute late equals absent policy Empty Re: 1 minute late equals absent policy Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:30 pm

redcarbide

Arresto Menor

I could not recall any specific provision in Labor Code regarding "1 minute late equals absent". What is in the code are allowable meal breaks. Usually tardiness is a company policy. Most of the companies I know had policies that allows up to 5 min allowance; 6-15 min late considered as 30-minutes without pay while >15 minutes late, you have to apply for leave of absence. Maybe your union could bring this concern to your management.

31 minute late equals absent policy Empty Re: 1 minute late equals absent policy Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:03 pm

attyLLL

while there is no direct provision on what constitutes absence, that policy would not pass the test of reasonableness.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

41 minute late equals absent policy Empty Re: 1 minute late equals absent policy Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:56 pm

Love♥

Arresto Menor

Thanks to the both of you.. I'm currently taking up my MBA and making this topic a case study..

@redcarbide: we dont have a union yet since the company is new but it belongs to a group of company na big and same policy is applied. I've scanned the table of contents ng labor code and didn't find any provision regarding tardiness or absents...

@attyLLL: so the policy isn't reasonable po? may naviolate po ba yun sa labor code? employee rights?.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum