Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

EMPLOYER'S NON-PAYMENT OF SALARY

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1EMPLOYER'S NON-PAYMENT OF SALARY Empty EMPLOYER'S NON-PAYMENT OF SALARY Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:50 am

PENUEL TANIO

Arresto Menor

Can an employee file a criminal case against an employer who did not pay his salary? This case has no dissmissal or resignation yet but the employee is told to submit first his resignation letter before his salary could be released. the salary has already accrued.

Can a criminal case be filed in court?

2EMPLOYER'S NON-PAYMENT OF SALARY Empty Re: EMPLOYER'S NON-PAYMENT OF SALARY Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:04 pm

attyLLL

ART. 116. Withholding of wages and kickbacks prohibited. - It shall be unlawful for any person, directly or indirectly, to withhold any amount from the wages of a worker or induce him to give up any part of his wages by force, stealth, intimidation, threat or by any other means whatsoever without the worker’s consent.

the penal provision of the labor code is a bit vague so i would not recommend a criminal case. why are being made to resign?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum