Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

mandatory lunch OT

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1mandatory lunch OT Empty mandatory lunch OT Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:52 pm

CeCe0711

Arresto Menor

hi currently nagwowork po ako sa BPO ask ko lang if legal ba yun na issuehan ako ng diciplinary action dahil hindi ako naglalunch ot? i understand na employers can require their employees to render ot to meet business requirements and willing naman ako to render if its pre or post.. wag lang lunch kc ang alam ko dapat meron kmi atleast 1 hr for meal periods.. i tried to talk to my sup na kung pwede pre or post shift na lang but they are requiring lunch.. and yung emergency ot na pwede sila magrequire, i believe hindi na emergency yun if planned na which nakaset na every monday and tuesday they are requiring mandatory lunch ot.. wala din ako pinirmahan na waiver for 30 mins lunch.. please advise.. thanks

2mandatory lunch OT Empty Re: mandatory lunch OT Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:07 pm

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

As per the Omnibus Rules implementing the Labor Code (Book 3, Rule 1):

SECTION 7. Meal and Rest Periods. — Every employer shall give his employees, regardless of sex, not less than one (1) hour time-off for regular meals, except in the following cases when a meal period of not less than twenty (20) minutes may be given by the employer provided that such shorter meal period is credited as compensable hours worked of the employee:

(a) Where the work is non-manual work in nature or does not involve strenuous physical exertion;

(b) Where the establishment regularly operates not less than sixteen (16) hours a day;

(c) In case of actual or impending emergencies or there is urgent work to be performed on machineries, equipment or installations to avoid serious loss which the employer would otherwise suffer; and

(d) Where the work is necessary to prevent serious loss of perishable goods.

Rest periods or coffee breaks running from five (5) to twenty (20) minutes shall be considered as compensable working time.

There are two things you can do. Confront your HR or accept that it is allowed and that your company is doing this in accordance to the labor code.

3mandatory lunch OT Empty Re: mandatory lunch OT Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:12 pm

CeCe0711

Arresto Menor

thanks for the advise..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum