Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Probationary Period after promotion

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Probationary Period after promotion Empty Probationary Period after promotion Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:14 pm

ninris

Arresto Menor

Hello,
I went over the Labor Code of the Philippines and didn't find any answer.

I just want to ask if there's such thing as Probationary period policy after getting promoted.

I remember signing one a long time ago. but I couldn't find it now in the labor code.

If there's such thing, can an employee (supervisor) be demoted back to an agent post because he/she was not able to perform during the "Probationary period" of 6 months?

Thank you.

2Probationary Period after promotion Empty Re: Probationary Period after promotion Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:06 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

There is no probationary period for promotion on the labor code. This is management prerogative.

There is a different skill set from a lower rank to a higher rank so some companies (not all) have a probationary or trial period for employees who are promoted to see if you are really qualified to handle that position. this is sometimes called acting capacity. if you failed to do what you are expected to do you are simply returned to your previous position. The alternative is if you are promoted and no probationary position, they can terminate you for not meeting expectations.

i.e. a sales person is promoted to sales manager, difference? quota and handling other sales person. if put under probation and he can't reach his quota, he is returned to the position of sales person. if there is no probation and he can't reach his quota, he is terminated.

3Probationary Period after promotion Empty Re: Probationary Period after promotion Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:55 am

maxwell_24

Arresto Mayor

i think mas ok na tawagin na Trainee or Acting.. yan ang tawag sa mga newly promoted position bago sila ma full pledge sa supervisory position.

4Probationary Period after promotion Empty Re: Probationary Period after promotion Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:20 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

ninris wrote:Hello,
I went over the Labor Code of the Philippines and didn't find any answer.

I just want to ask if there's such thing as Probationary period policy after getting promoted.

I remember signing one a long time ago. but I couldn't find it now in the labor code.

If there's such thing, can an employee (supervisor) be demoted back to an agent post because he/she was not able to perform during the "Probationary period" of 6 months?

Thank you.

You are referring to the 'CONFIRMATION PERIOD' for promoted employees.

A newly-promoted employee may undergo this period to assess if he/she is capable for the position. If not, he/she will revert back to his previous position but his salary will not be affected.

This is legal and the same is NOT considered as diminution of benefits.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum