Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Probationary Period

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Probationary Period Empty Probationary Period Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:02 pm

programmer01

Arresto Menor

Hi, ask ko lang po if yung probationary period is a form of contractualization? eto po ba bagong modus ngayon ng mga BPO industry ngayon dahil madami ang supply dito sa pinas dahil marami ang walang trabaho?.. heto po kasi yung situation ko

naka apat na po kasi akong work as a call center agent, during their trainings i'm always one of the best if not the best na palagi po na nakakakuha ng highest score sa bawat written or online test nila (inaannounce po kasi nila kaya alam ko po) tapos kapag deployment na po the first few months madali naman po since yung mga calls during that time eh trained naman po kami, pero midway bandang 3 - 5 months po, nakakareceive na po ako ng mga calls in which we are not trained for ( kahit exhausted na po lahat ng resources ko, google, ask fellow probationary or a regular employee or a supervisor) .. sometimes supervisor call naman po in which yung supervisor ko palaging may excuse na *tell the customer na busy yung supervisor* to the point na instead na ma meet ko yung performance ko po every hour or every day, eh nasisira po dahil sa mga calls po na ito na umaabot ng 30 minutes to 1 hour  na ayaw kunin ng supervisor ko na, na para bang wala talagang intention na tulungan ako at masira performance ko , instead na ma meet ko po yung 8 calls in 1 hr, nagiging 1hr is to 1 call dahil sa supervisor calls..

so in the end tineterminate po nila ako bago ko pa po ma meet yung 6 months, saying na hindi ko na meet yung performance or expectation nila, without any specifics kahit na magtanong po ako,,

sa umpisa po sasabihin po nila for probationary employment po ako tapos after 6 months eh if pumasa regular na, eh kaso pa ulit ulit po akong probationary employee, tapos ang pinagtataka ko po palagi naman po akong tinatanggap ng ibang call center company ng walang problema ( umabot ng 4 call center company ) ..kahit ngayon po eh tinatanggap pa rin po ako ng ibang company..

eto po ba modus ngayon ng mga bpo company? kunwari sasabihin probationary ka tapos after nun regular kana, pero in the end te-terminate ka before ka ma regular

is Probationary nowadays is a modus of these companies? probationary employment is it a form of contractualization?

ano din po na masasabi po ninyo dito na ang mga probationary employee is a form of contractualization according to this website

www(dot)up(dot)edu(dot)ph/forms-of-contractualization/

2Probationary Period Empty Re: Probationary Period Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:35 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

might be, but unless you can prove na merong ganung sadya na policy theres nothing you can do about it.

3Probationary Period Empty Re: Probationary Period Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:19 am

programmer01

Arresto Menor

i was actually ignorant about this until it was brought up during the presidential debate , when binay was talking about 5-5-5 endo.. it was then i realize that, it might be possible that these veterans are abusing it without some people knowing about this even after having been employed by 4 call center companies. Now that it was brought up, i'm expecting that they would lie low, i hope that schools would educate their students about this and include this topic as part of their seminars to graduating students

4Probationary Period Empty Re: Probationary Period Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:04 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

programmer01 wrote:
is Probationary nowadays is a modus of these companies? probationary employment is it a form of contractualization?

ano din po na masasabi po ninyo dito na ang mga probationary employee is a form of contractualization according to this website

www(dot)up(dot)edu(dot)ph/forms-of-contractualization/

It's not.

The article you refer to was originally written by KMU chairperson Elmer Labog and posted online in 2012 (as per the site). Any term of employment which is not regular in nature is of course questioned and claimed to be "a form of contractualization." Go figure.

http://www.councilviews.com

5Probationary Period Empty Re: Probationary Period Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:12 am

programmer01

Arresto Menor

so why do companies these days hire and fire employees despite them having the qualifications? and the companies are trying to lower their employees performance before they even reach 6 months?.. my case is not a special one, there are some people on the news or on youtube that have same situation as i am.. can you enlighten me more about this?, my case is most likely the same as the one in the presidential debate though..

6Probationary Period Empty Re: Probationary Period Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:31 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

programmer01 wrote:so why do companies these days hire and fire employees despite them having the qualifications? and the companies are trying to lower their employees performance before they even reach 6 months?.. my case is not a special one, there are some people on the news or on youtube that have same situation as i am.. can you enlighten me more about this?, my case is most likely the same as the one in the presidential debate though..

People are not regularized because they do not meet the requirements of the job such as metrics - AHT, QA, etc.

Being qualified is one thing. Translating those qualifications into actual numbers is another.

I doubt companies such as BPOs deliberately set up an employee for failure. It is in the best interest of these companies to keep people because it will cost more to remove people and find replacements.

If there is any issue, it's with people.

And it's in the best interest of all employees to know their rights and understand how due process works when it comes to termination of employment.

7Probationary Period Empty Re: Probationary Period Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:12 am

river03

Arresto Mayor

"Being qualified is one thing. Translating those qualifications into actual numbers is another."

salamat sir council sa qoute mo.

8Probationary Period Empty Re: Probationary Period Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:45 am

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

programmer01 wrote:so why do companies these days hire and fire employees despite them having the qualifications? and the companies are trying to lower their employees performance before they even reach 6 months?.. my case is not a special one, there are some people on the news or on youtube that have same situation as i am.. can you enlighten me more about this?, my case is most likely the same as the one in the presidential debate though..

These are only SPECULATIONS. Prove it and file a case if you can. Prove malice and file a complaint if you can. If you cannot, then your assertions remain SPECULATIONS.

9Probationary Period Empty Re: Probationary Period Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:41 pm

programmer01

Arresto Menor

council wrote:

People are not regularized because they do not meet the requirements of the job such as metrics - AHT, QA, etc.

Being qualified is one thing. Translating those qualifications into actual numbers is another.

I doubt companies such as BPOs deliberately set up an employee for failure. It is in the best interest of these companies to keep people because it will cost more to remove people and find replacements.

If there is any issue, it's with people.

And it's in the best interest of all employees to know their rights and understand how due process works when it comes to termination of employment.

That would be the case if i would think positively, but let me point out an analogy wherein for example our government, how is it so corrupt? if i would think positively, they wouldn't do these corrupted things because it will ruin their reputation and they will be sentence for an imprisonment, wouldn't you think so?

simply because there's a disadvantage or cost or risk in doing these wicked things doesn't mean they won't do it, you can't expect all people to be 100% righteous, as some would risk doing wicked things as long as they can't be found out.

The hard thing for me is to prove it , since i'm only an entry level salary man.

Let me state another example wherein some people do wicked things wherein they do these things because they are 100% confident that they would not get caught , for example, when i was a volunteer nurse in a hospital, some of the regular staff nurse, are charging their rich patients to lower the expense of their poor patients. example like cotton swab , syringes, etc. are being charge against those people who can afford such to people who can't.

what i'm trying to point out is that, i know i can't prove these things yet because i don't have an access to their system.

another example would be Edward Joseph Snowden revealing the unethical practices of NSA by revealing numerous global surveillance programs.

Last edited by programmer01 on Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Probationary Period Empty Re: Probationary Period Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:47 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

programmer01 wrote:
That would be the case if i would think positively, but let me point out an analogy wherein for example our government, how is it so corrupt? if i would think positively, they wouldn't do these corrupted things because it will ruin their reputation and they will be sentence for an imprisonment, wouldn't you think so?

simply because there's a disadvantage or cost or risk in doing these wicked things doesn't mean they won't do it, you can't expect all people to be 100% righteous, as some would risk doing wicked things as long as they can't be found out.

As I said, the problem is with the people.

If there is no one to complain, and no one knows about due process among other things, then the status quo remains.

11Probationary Period Empty Re: Probationary Period Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:54 pm

programmer01

Arresto Menor

It's really hard to prove something especially when the veterans / foxes are too careful so that they can't be found out. It will just be a forever speculation i guess, especially to someone who haven't been in a company for too long.

Again, people would risk something as long as they can be sure that they can't be found out. Criminals / Wicked People do things because they are so sure they can Fool Other People that they won't get caught or be punished with their power of money / influence / connections.

anyway, thanks.. i just hope they would get the punishment they deserve in hell.

as long as there are signs and I'm not reckless with my actions, a speculation without any reckless actions is all i can do for now. I guess it's too bad for them, maybe they are 100% sure that i would do some reckless act without any proof on my end. Some delusional people these days.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum