Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOARDING HOUSE ISSUES

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BOARDING HOUSE ISSUES Empty BOARDING HOUSE ISSUES Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:56 am

karen.c

Arresto Menor

Hello po! Hihingi lang sana ako ng advice sa inyo regarding sa boarding house namin.

I am renting a boarding house. And in as far as I know the area where I am renting is a residential area however the lot is owned by the government, so basically there's no land title for each owner (informal settlers kung baga). In as far as I know government allows the home owners to occupy the area without the title for the mean time THEIR RESIDENTIAL not for business. So the, home owners of the area are not allowed to make profit because the property is owned by the government. Moreover, the "rights" are given to those who are homeless who are residing the area.

Now eto ang issue :

1. the owner of the boarding house where I am renting is not residing on the same house where we are renting, However, they are living within the same area (few meters away from our boarding house/apartment) The owner acquired multiple rights from the area and 4 out of 5 is being rented. Ever since, back 25 years ago, the owner of the lot never reside on those 4 out of 5 houses. Ever since the house was built and up until now it is purely for business/boarding house. I have that information from the neighborhood and from the president of the HOA, and I also have a proof to support. Our landlady was even warned and informed that if someone from HLURB/DENR will do the census, and they'll figure out that the she's not living there, then it will be given to whoever is occupying the lot.

2. I am renting in this house for 2 years now, however, we did not receive any official receipts ever since. We do have an agreement/”contract” however it’s not notarized. The owner has multiple rooms/apartment for rent, which is more or less 10, and the monthly range is between 2,500 - 6,000. One thing is for sure the owner did not obtain any business permit, no DTI, BIR and SEC permit. Because (1) The lot where they are running the business is owned by the government and should only be allowed for residential (2) they do not issue receipt (3) there’s no maintenance, they will not pass the sanitation (4) there’s no fire exits they will not pass the bureau of fire clearance.

3. As mentioned above there's no maintenance, plus we are just renting a room, it's a house(like residential talaga) type of boarding house with 3 rooms and the occupants are me and my 2 friends. So it seems like we are renting the entire house but not really. We are paying for each room, we recently installed a sub-meter for each rooms (para walang gulo). Now our electricity has been disconnected and the owner is not taking the responsibilities of it. The problem was this, prior to my current housemates, my colleague from my previous company was my housemate before, she installed an aircon and a submeter for the aircon ( just the AC alone) so the lights and her other electrical gadgets consumption is shared the other two. So, on her last month of stay her bill was supposed to be 3k something and she only paid 1400+ so she still have a balance of 1500++. She didn't pay the remaining balance. The problem was our landlady will just hand over the bill to us, I informed her about it and she just ignore it.

Sorry if my sentiments is too long I hope this will be addressed

2BOARDING HOUSE ISSUES Empty Re: BOARDING HOUSE ISSUES Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:05 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

ano po ang issue mo? since tenant lang naman kayo kung di ka satisfied sa tinitirahan mo eh wala naman karapatan yung landlord mo na pigilan ka umalis.

3BOARDING HOUSE ISSUES Empty Re: BOARDING HOUSE ISSUES Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:48 pm

karen.c

Arresto Menor

madali lang sabihin na umalis.. pero ang pag hanap ng malilipatan na same convenience sa pag biyahe. Ano po ang dapat namin gawin sa issue na na state ko sa taas. Smile

4BOARDING HOUSE ISSUES Empty Re: BOARDING HOUSE ISSUES Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:16 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

1. pwede mo try report sa authorities kaso tulad nga ng sabi mo, mahirap lumipat so unless gusto mo yung possibility na ma-evict eh wala.
2. same as 1.
3. the only thing you can do is raise it with the management, kung wala sila gawin eh wala ka magagawa since tulad nga ng sabi mo eh illegal naman yung business nila at kung rereport mo naman eh maaaring ipasara yung business.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum