Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I be suspended and asked to pay for damage?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

kolokoyako

Arresto Menor

Hi, just want to seek advise regarding my case. I was presented with letter to explain for negligence. I was not able to complete a task for a client and the client pulled out and requested for a refund from my company. I tried every thing humanly possible to complete my task by extending work and working on weekends. I informed the client that I wont be able to complete the task on time and that I requested for additional 6 days to complete it. I was offered a graceful exit by the company by resigning and all bonds will be waved. I decided to go through the HR process and their decision was 30 days suspension and that I need to pay 300K + within 5 days or additional disciplinary action including termination will be enforced. Is this allowed? What are my options? Thanks a lot in advance.

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Yes, this is gross negligence. you have cost the company not only monetary value but also in the company image. Thus the reason for them asking you to pay the 300k. BTW, whats your position in the company?

kolokoyako

Arresto Menor

I am just a developer. If it is gross negligence, then they could have terminated me? And can they give me additional disciplinary action or terminate me over not being able to pay the said amount when they have already suspended me for 30 days? Thank you.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

If it was determined to be gross negligence then yes they can terminate you. The amount is medyo exorbitant.

If you want my advise don't stay with a company where you know there will never be room for advancement. You know they will always be on the lookout for any basis to get rid of you. This is just my personal opinion.

kolokoyako

Arresto Menor

They already have a decision which was 30 days suspension and for me to pay the said amount. So I guess they couldn't charge me with gross negligence that is why they only suspended me and not terminate. What is not clear is if they are allowed to give additional sunction up to termination if I am unable to pay when they have already suspended me.

I didn't choose to go through the HR process to hold on to my job. I could have just accepted the offer of graceful exit. I just wanted to show the company that there was no bad intent on my part. That I have tried my best.Eventually I will leave this company.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum