Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

I WAS ASKED TO RESIGN.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I WAS ASKED TO RESIGN.  Empty I WAS ASKED TO RESIGN. Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:58 pm

JOHNROI021593

Arresto Menor

I have a question.
It was more than a year ago with my previous company. I worked there for 2 years and 6months. I had several absences because I had repeated health concerns which I was able to provide medical certificates for all of my absences. I admit I had lates, but I worked overtime to cover minutes that I was late (That's the company policy).

I made few mistakes at work like what other employees accidentally/mistakenly have done as well. In last six months, I have received several warnings for every mistake I made.

Then one time, our country manager talked to me, that the higher management has to terminate me because of those warning and absences. However, she asked me just to resign so that I would have a good record. I followed it, I submitted. I was cleared.

Now after a year, I heard that employees should get seperation fee for termination.

My question is:

1. Did my previous employer did the right procedure?

2. Is it true that I was supposed to get a seperation fee If I was tagged terminated?

(Honestly, I'm confused but I'm not against my previous company because they have been good to m. I was want to clarify this)

2I WAS ASKED TO RESIGN.  Empty Re: I WAS ASKED TO RESIGN. Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:02 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

If you are terminated for awol, you don't get a separation fee.

you only get a separation fee if you are terminated due to redundancy, retrenchment or closure of business.

3I WAS ASKED TO RESIGN.  Empty Re: I WAS ASKED TO RESIGN. Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:24 pm

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

You get separation pay only if the termination is due to authorized causes. Try reading this to know what the authorized causes for termination are. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/authorized-causes-termination-employment

4I WAS ASKED TO RESIGN.  Empty Re: I WAS ASKED TO RESIGN. Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:14 am

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

You are also entitled for Separation Pay if:

1. there is a Separation Pay Program of the company;
2. it is stipulated in your contract; and
3. it is stipulated in the CBA.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum