Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Charged RA 9262

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Charged RA 9262 Empty Charged RA 9262 Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:35 pm

Rainmaster11

Arresto Menor

Hi and good day,

I was recently charged by my ex girlfriend who i had a child 13 years ago. I accidentally got her pregnant. In the early years i was giving child support, it 3.5k a month i supported for 4 years but because my father got very ill and required financial support i had to stop the child support. I got into alot debt from my relatives up to the present i am still making payments. So as time went by my ex got married and everything went silent for years.. No contact no nothing.. Suddenly last 2016 i got a notice that i was being charged with this ra 9262 and i was being summoned. Then i found out that his husband left her. When i went to appear i was given a form which had a complaint against me stating that i never gave child support which is all fabricated . Problem is i dont have any proof of my financial support because it was given to her monthly. Now question is we have our first hearing in a few days do i need to have a lawyer with me on my first hearing?? I dont have the financial capability to hire a private lawyer. Can i appear by myself on our first hearing..

Thank you and more power..

2Charged RA 9262 Empty Re: Charged RA 9262 Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:05 am

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

Go to the Public Attorney's Office and inquire if you qualify for free legal support.

If you admit that you have not been giving support for the last ten or nine years your lack of financial capacity is a matter of defense you will have to raise in court.

At this stage the prosecutor only needs probable cause to charge you.

3Charged RA 9262 Empty Re: Charged RA 9262 Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:10 am

Rainmaster11

Arresto Menor

Hi and good day.. I have gone to PAO and sadly i dont qualify coz i have a job.. Iv already been charged and technically i am out because of set bail.. I am wondering if i can go to my hearing with out an attorney because i havent got the resources to pay a private attorney.. Im still looking for a attorney service that will fit into my budget.. Tha.nk you..

4Charged RA 9262 Empty Re: Charged RA 9262 Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:46 am

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

You will not be allowed to appear without a lawyer. This is a criminal case. Try the IBP Legal Aid in your area. The court can assign counsel de oficio.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum