Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child's birth certificate shows grandparents as the mother and father

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mrshmeric

Arresto Menor

Hi guys! I need your advice. I was overseas when my ex-girlfriend (now my wife) gave birth to our child in the Philippines. To my dismay, I learned that my in-laws manipulated our child's birth papers to make it appear that they are the biological parents of our kid (to protect my now-wife from 'kakahiyan' back then because our kid was born out of wedlock)!

How do we amend our kid's birth certificate to reflect our names or are there other options that we can pursue to have legal rights/guardianship to our child?

Thanks in advance and God bless you all

Mrshmeric

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

You have to go to court to correct this.

However, what your in-laws did amounts to a crime called simulation of birth.

Consult a lawyer where you are.

Mrshmeric

Arresto Menor

It looks like a long, complicated and ugly process. If that is the case, we don't really mind of the birth certificate shows our kid's parents as the grandparents. However, I am also keen to know if there is such a thing as the 'parents' (real grandparents) giving full/complete guardianship to her 'sister' (who is the real mother, my wife) so that we can petition her to live with us overseas?

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

this can be done through adoption.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum