Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Redundancy or Floating Status

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Redundancy or Floating Status Empty Redundancy or Floating Status Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:01 am

MESSIAH07

Arresto Menor

Hi atty,

I just would like to seek legal advice regarding my employment status. I have been working in my company for 2 years already and got promoted from Job entry level to one step higher post which is as QA. I got promoted last April 2016. And last March 17 2017 the company served me a letter stating that I will be TEMPORARY DISPLACED due to excessive head count and low volume of work. I will be holding my position up until April 15, 2017. I would like to know what is my right as an employee. They are offering me a lower position but they said they are not forcing me to apply it should be voluntarily, although there will be no diminution of my salary but still there is still a chance that I will be on a floating status come april 16, 2017 if I wouldn't be able to make it my application. Would it be right that I should be paid for separation pay instead of sending me on a floating status. I believe that there reason why they placed me into temporary displacement is due to redundancy. your response is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and God Bless.

2Redundancy or Floating Status Empty Re: Redundancy or Floating Status Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:29 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

the employer can place you in floating status for up to 6 months. after that if you are still in floating status it will be considered constructive dismissal and you will be given separation pay

3Redundancy or Floating Status Empty Redundancy or Floating Status Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:53 am

MESSIAH07

Arresto Menor

lukekyle wrote:the employer can place you in floating status for up to 6 months.  after that if you are still in floating status it will be considered constructive dismissal and you will be given separation pay

Thanks for your reply.

I just would like to know if I have the rights to demand to just give me a separation pay instead be on a floating status for 6 months? since the definition of the letter they gave me was a redundancy - (Low volume of work and excessive head count).

4Redundancy or Floating Status Empty Re: Redundancy or Floating Status Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:27 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

MESSIAH07 wrote:
lukekyle wrote:the employer can place you in floating status for up to 6 months.  after that if you are still in floating status it will be considered constructive dismissal and you will be given separation pay

Thanks for your reply.

I just would like to know if I have the rights to demand to just give me a separation pay instead be on a floating status for 6 months? since the definition of the letter they gave me was a redundancy - (Low volume of work and excessive head count).

No.

http://www.councilviews.com

5Redundancy or Floating Status Empty Re: Redundancy or Floating Status Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:11 am

MESSIAH07

Arresto Menor

council wrote:
MESSIAH07 wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

No.

I asked an advice from DOLE and they said based on the explanation of the company through their letter that they served me - it defined as redundancy therefore, I can demand a separation pay instead being on a floating status. I just would like to know your side  why did you say NO. and what if i accepted to be a "voulantarily" applying for a different job within the org however, its lower post (job entry level) and got accepted can this be considered as demotion? although nothing would be changed to my current salary?

Last edited by MESSIAH07 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:25 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : additional scenario)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum