Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

On call hours pay

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1On call hours pay Empty On call hours pay Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:06 pm

gumsem

Arresto Menor

Hi,
Question naman po, how do you compute the standby(on call) hours pay? Working in an IT industry btw.

Thanks!

2On call hours pay Empty Re: On call hours pay Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:41 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

An employee who is required to remain on call in the employer’s premises or so close thereto that he cannot use the time effectively and gainfully for his own purpose shall be considered as working while on call. The employee must be required to leave a word where he may be reached. An employee who is not required to leave word at his home or with company officials where he may be reached is not working while on call.

IMO if you are considered as "working" then you should still be paid the regular rate.

http://www.councilviews.com

3On call hours pay Empty Re: On call hours pay Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:54 pm

gumsem

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your response sir!

How about if the status is Standby hours but no work task came? I am not totally required to stay at the company's premises, just required to be with my laptop at all times with stable network to work when called. But still I cannot use these times effectively, not allowed to go on vacation or go out with friends.

Is there a specific percent of the hourly rate for this kind of standby hours?

4On call hours pay Empty Re: On call hours pay Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:31 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

if hindi required to be near the place of work, in my opinion hindi kailangan bayaran

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum