Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

HOLIDAY HOURS

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HOLIDAY HOURS Empty HOLIDAY HOURS Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:58 pm

jeffishot

Arresto Menor

Seeking your advice on this. I am a manager of a hospitality Industry firm and it is our practice that whenever we work during holidays, we can offset those duty hours during slack periods.

My regular day off is every Tuesday and since other managers including my superiors wanted to be on holiday, they asked me to work on August 21, 2012 which is a Tuesday and moved my day off on Thursday.

I was just surprised when i applied for offset today for my holiday work hours last August 21, it was rejected since they claimed that my day off was regularly a tuesday but was moved to Thursday and therefore i did not qualify for offset.

Is there a basis for this?

2HOLIDAY HOURS Empty Re: HOLIDAY HOURS Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:58 pm

attyLLL

not sure if i got it right. do you mean that you think you are entitled to not work on another day aside from the rest day because you worked on the 21st?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3HOLIDAY HOURS Empty Re: HOLIDAY HOURS Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:22 pm

jeffishot

Arresto Menor

yes, coz it is our practice to give offsets if you work on a holiday. This applies for managers only. however since the holiday fell on my day off but i was asked to work, do i still get the offset privilege/

4HOLIDAY HOURS Empty Re: HOLIDAY HOURS Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:54 pm

attyLLL

i normally counsel managers to be more tolerant of these things because the law is less protective compared to rank and file employees.

make a written inquiry about the matter. if they still deny and you want to push it further, your recourse is to file a complaint at nlrc.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum