Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

ABSENT BEFORE AND/OR AFTER REGULAR HOLIDAY, IS IT ENTITLED TO HOLIDAY PAY?

+3
molecules003
lukekyle
HRD13
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

HRD13

Arresto Menor

Gud day po.
tanong ko lang po sana

1. kung sakaling absent or nakaleave(without pay) ang isang employee bago o pagkatapos ng regular holiday, entitled po ba sya sa holiday pay ?

2. Kung natapat po sa sunday ang regular holiday, at pumasok si employee before(saturday), entitled po ba sa holiday pay?

Thanks.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

1. pag before you dont get holiday pay. after doesn't matter

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

2. yes merong holiday pay

HRD13

Arresto Menor

thanks. Pero paano po kapag nag-halfday si employee before regular holiday, may holiday pay din po ba yun?

HRD13

Arresto Menor

May certain memo po ba ang dole or reference lang po na pwedeng sabihin sa employee kung sakaling magtanong sya kung bakit wala syang holiday pay(if absent sya before regular holiday)?

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes check mo sa website ng dole. usually everytime mag holiday ni repost nila yung "rules"

molecules003

Arresto Menor

Hello!

My question is, our work schedule is Mon-Fri. What if naka-leave ako this August 18, and off talaga namin yung Augustn 19-20. August 21 is holiday. Do I get paid sa araw na nag-leave ako?

Thanks in advance!

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

If paid leave yes. If leave without pay no.

Check DOLE Website, usually nag post sila ng labor advisory like this:

Labor Advisory No_ 03-17 Payment of Wages for the Regular Holidays on April 9,13 and 14, 2017 and the Special (Non-Working) Day on April 15, 2017

molecules003 wrote:Hello!

My question is, our work schedule is Mon-Fri. What if naka-leave ako this August 18, and off talaga namin yung Augustn 19-20. August 21 is holiday. Do I get paid sa araw na nag-leave ako?

Thanks in advance!

molecules003

Arresto Menor

mikos23 wrote:If paid leave yes. If leave without pay no.

Check DOLE Website, usually nag post sila ng labor advisory like this:

Labor Advisory No_ 03-17 Payment of Wages for the Regular Holidays on April 9,13 and 14, 2017 and the Special (Non-Working) Day on April 15, 2017

molecules003 wrote:Hello!

Thanks in advance!

with or without pay depende sa company?

thank you

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

ang sa batas babayaran ka lang ng holiday pay kung paid leave ka on a working day prior to the holiday. if leave without pay walang bayad

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

kung bayad yung 18 mo, bayad ka sa holiday..

kung hindi bayad ang 18 mo, wala kang bayad sa holiday..

sagradongekis

Arresto Menor

Hello, ask ko lang po kung dapat ba na bawasan yung VL credits ng isang empleyado kapag nag-file siya ng VL sa isang regular holiday? Example, kung 10 yung VL credits namin and nag-file ako ng leave sa isang regular holiday, dapat bang bawasan? Ang tanda ko po kasi e hindi dapat, so dapat 10 pa din VL credits ko kahit mag-file ako and ma-approve yung VL? Tama po ba?

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Pleas only post on your thread, and avoid posting or adding to other thread

sagradongekis wrote:Hello, ask ko lang po kung dapat ba na bawasan yung VL credits ng isang empleyado kapag nag-file siya ng VL sa isang regular holiday? Example, kung 10 yung VL credits namin and nag-file ako ng leave sa isang regular holiday, dapat bang bawasan? Ang tanda ko po kasi e hindi dapat, so dapat 10 pa din VL credits ko kahit mag-file ako and ma-approve yung VL? Tama po ba?

ferjhen_pichay

Arresto Menor

Hello po,

Ask ko po if example, a Manager, monthly paid, was on Leave ng June 11 to June 15. His VL/SL Credit was until June 13 only. Should they deduct 2 days June 14 and June 15 (which is a holliday) - As per "Article 94 leave w/o pay before the holiday "

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

yes 2 days deduction from the managers pay

ferjhen_pichay

Arresto Menor

Sir ano po ung connection ng Article 94 "B Coverage" at " D- Absent"

B Coverage

This benefit applies to all employees except:

4.1 Managerial employees, if they meet all of the following conditions:
4.1. Their primary duty is to manage the establishment in
which they are employed or of a department or subdivision
thereof;
4.2. They customarily and regularly direct the work of two or
more employees therein; and
4.3. They have the authority to hire or fire other employees of
lower rank; or their suggestions and recommendations as to
hiring, firing, and promotion, or any other change of status
of other employees are given particular weight.

D1. Absences
1. All covered employees shall be entitled to holiday pay when they are
on leave of absence with pay on the workday immediately preceding
the regular holiday. Employees who are on leave of absence without
pay on the day immediately preceding a regular holiday may not be
paid the required holiday pay if they do not work on such regular
holiday.

Please help kasi - tinatanong ako nung manager bakit ko cia binawasan eh under excemption cia?

Thanks,

Last edited by ferjhen_pichay on Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Incomplete Question)

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Here is the concept for the compensation of managers

Managers, are "monthly" paid employees. They are considered paid every day of the month. Deductions are done for the days that they are absent.

They are not covered by most "mandated" statutory salaries and benefits stated by the government. but they are covered on the "Specifics" stated in their contract.

Most of the contracts of managers and executives I've handled stated "what" are to be given and deducted. In lieu of this, if there is nothing stated in the contract of managers that they should not be deducted holiday pay, payroll masters goes back to the default practice they know which is what is stated in the labor code.

Both of you have your own point of view, and both can be considered correct. However, you just can't change what is "automatically" been practiced by the company. if the manager wants to change this, you can go to someone of higher position, bring your case and get a written agreement that from this point forward, the manager will still get paid for the day of holiday even if he is absent the day before.

hope this helps.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum