Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

9.5 hours shift

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

19.5 hours shift  Empty 9.5 hours shift Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:12 am

aaliyah26ph

Arresto Menor

I'm already 6yrs in the company. In my first yr, we were asked to sign a document about making us agree on a 9.5 hour shift including the 1 hour and 30 min break thus making it an 8.5 hr work and in return as a form of "payment" for the extra .5 hr work, we were given an additional "rice allowance" worth P1000 and "laundry allowance" for P125 on top of our other allowances. We have a yearly increase, management reasoned out that, they opted to pay thru "allowances" because if our rate per hour increases, it will just go to tax. Some of did not sign but since majority did, the 9.5 hr work was implemented.

Then recently, after 4 yrs of rendering a regular 9.5 hr shift, we are asked to sign another document, amending the 9.5hr back to 9 hour shift retaining the "rice allowance" and "laundry allowance". We suspect that somebody complained the 9.5 hour shift and won.. and because of the rule on diminution of benefits under the Labor law, the extra "allowances" were not allowed to be discontinued. Now my questions are:

1. Was the signing of the document even legal since our law says the normal hours of work under the Labor Code is 8 hours in one work day?

2. Can we demand our company to pay us the 30 mins OT that we've worked on for the past 4 years?

29.5 hours shift  Empty Re: 9.5 hours shift Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:06 pm

attyLLL

the one hour break is not chargeable. but you are allowed 2 15 min paid breaks.

yes you can ask for OT for the daily 30 mins, but up to last 3 years only

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum