Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

No. of working hours

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No. of working hours Empty No. of working hours Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:37 pm

g_salvanera

Arresto Menor

Hello,

From what I know the usual working hours is 48 hours in a week. but while I was browsing over the labor code, it says there that the regular working hours is at 40 hours, 8 hours per day and anything in excess is paid as overtime. Am I missing out something? For some time, I have been implementing the 48 working hours. Please advise. Thank you

2No. of working hours Empty Re: No. of working hours Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:03 pm

attyLLL

overtime is looked at on a daily, not weekly basis. so there is OT if work goes beyond 8 hours in a day. the weekly total is irrelevant.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3No. of working hours Empty working hours Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:28 pm

BLADE1825

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty,

What if the company is not paying overtime in a daily basis for hours worked in excess of 8 hours? In a contract signed by a friend of mine, he is being required to work a 48 hour working week. That's 9 hours for 4 days and 8 hours on the day before his off. His other colleagues from another department are working a regular 8 hour shift, however that will be for 6 days straight without overtime pay on the 6th day.

Does the company have any legal capability to make their employees work such lengthy working hours?

Looking forward to your expeditious response.

Thanks.

With much respect,

Blade

4No. of working hours Empty Re: No. of working hours Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:25 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

BLADE1825 wrote:Hi Atty,

What if the company is not paying overtime in a daily basis for hours worked in excess of 8 hours? In a contract signed by a friend of mine, he is being required to work a 48 hour working week. That's 9 hours for 4 days and 8 hours on the day before his off. His other colleagues from another department are working a regular 8 hour shift, however that will be for 6 days straight without overtime pay on the 6th day.

Does the company have any legal capability to make their employees work such lengthy working hours?

Looking forward to your expeditious response.

Thanks.

With much respect,

Blade

9 hours x 4 days = 36 hours
8 hours x 1 day = 8 hours

Total = 44 hours.

If you mention 9 hours x 4 days, does this exclude their lunch break?

Check the working hours of the company. There are companies with 6 day work weeks, others like banks at 5-day weeks, others still at 5.5 days. As long as they are 8-hour workdays.

Sometimes there may be no overtime if there are flexible work schedules also.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum