Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Normal Working Hours

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Normal Working Hours Empty Normal Working Hours Sat May 05, 2012 1:49 am

archertype

Arresto Menor

Hello. I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly Neutral , but i need advice. It's about overtime. I'm not aversed to doing overtime because I know it's sometimes necessary. My question though is, if there is a limit of how much mandatory overtime you can do in a given normal work week. (I work for an insurance company.)

I'm currently under probationary status for 6 months. My contract states, (i'm quoting verbatim):

"You will be required to work not less than 48 hrs each week during a regular work week and if necessary, for additional hours as may be required for the performance of your duties...subject to payment overtime". " You may also be required to work during weekly day offs...subject to overtime"

I know there are certain special conditions wherein an employer may impose overtime. Kaya lang, parang wala pong "special condition" dito kase since Day 1 pagpasok ko till now, parati may Mandatory OT. Eto sched ko: Mon-Thur 2 hrs OT, Fri- 3 Hrs (post shift OT's po to). And for the last 4 weeks, pina papasok pa kami ng Saturday. Even the other senior employees said na ganito na talaga working hrs nila for the past 3 years. Pagod na pagod na ko talaga.

Questions ko po:

1. Are the terms provisioned in the contract legal?
2. Technically naka 51 working hrs ako in 5 days (excluding Sat OT). Does that mean i'm entitled to more than 24 hrs rest day?
3. May karapatan ba sila mag hain ng Memo for Insubordination if i refuse to do Sat Mandatory (OT)? Take note nag oovertime nako Mon-Fri. Tapos Sat pa!

Sorry ang haba... Smile Please please i need advise talaga. Talagang lugaw na brains ko sa pagod Laughing

2Normal Working Hours Empty Re: Normal Working Hours Sat May 05, 2012 12:16 pm

attyLLL

in my opinion, it is not legal, but the legal standard is reasonableness, and if no one files a complaint at dole, nothing will happen.

i recommend you also make written inquiries regarding the policy if only to document your opposition.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum