Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Normal hours of professor in private school

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

melds

Arresto Menor

Atty, i would like to know if our school's policy does not violate CHED Memo. 40, s, 2008 "Manual of Regulations for Private Higher Education of 2008, second paragraph of section 120, Normal Hours of Academic Personnel stated that "the normal hours of work of teacher or academic personnel shall be based on their regular teaching loads. However, Our school policy requires us to render 40 hours per week, prorated to: a) classroom teaching (18-24 unit-hours/week) b)consultation, guidance, counseling and advising services to the students (10 hours), and c) other non-academic activities (6 hours).Our school pay us based on our teaching loads. Is it legal for them to require us to render 40-hour of work when we are only paid based on our teaching loads?

Last edited by melds on Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:35 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Several errors committed on the construction of the sentence.)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum