Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

ILLEGAL EXPULSION FROM AN ORGANIZATION

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ILLEGAL EXPULSION FROM AN ORGANIZATION Empty ILLEGAL EXPULSION FROM AN ORGANIZATION Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:54 am

kdfb0630

kdfb0630
Arresto Menor

Hi.

I/we used to be a member of an organization in UP Diliman. Our expulsion letter was emailed to un last january 27. I think our expulsion is illegal because, first, we have already graduated, second, only 4 members signed the letter (1 resident member and 3 alumna) and they expelled all 7 of us. How come they suddenly had the authority? they don't own the organization. Mas marami pa kami na inexpel nila.

Can we file for any action to be reinstated? Can we file for damages?

I appreciate your advice. Smile

attyLLL

Is this a student organization registered with the University? does it have bylaws?

how very formal that they even sent you a notice.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3ILLEGAL EXPULSION FROM AN ORGANIZATION Empty Re: ILLEGAL EXPULSION FROM AN ORGANIZATION Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:29 am

kdfb0630

kdfb0630
Arresto Menor

Thanks for the reply Smile

As of this moment, it's not registered because there's only one member left after we all graduated. Technically, underground organization.

If bylaws have to be written, i don't think we have one (sorry Sad ). We did get indoctrinated though during our application period.

I got this letter btw :

NOTICE OF EXPULSION
27 January 2011
FOR: ________
Ms. ______ :

This is to formally inform you that you have been EXPELLED from the _________ on the following grounds:
1. Gross Negligence of Duty;
2. Grave Misconduct;
3. Direct Insubordination.

As such you are stripped of all rights and privileges of a bonafide resident and/or alumnus member. Furthermore, you are banned from the tambayan and are strictly forbidden to attend any function, official or unofficial in nature, including activities, projects and events organized by the U.P. _______, the U.P. _______. You can neither appeal your case nor re-apply to the organization.

Sgd

Crazy Alumna 1 Crazy Alumna 2
Batch ’95-B Batch ’00-A

Crazy Alumna 3 Crazy Resident

P.S. Sorry, I'm just pissed off because I served for 68 hours (plus the unrecorded) during my application, way way more than anyone I have ever known in the org.

attyLLL

why don't you 7 band together and claim to be the organization and expel them?

without all the formalities of having bylaws and recognition, if you bring this to court, it will look like away barkada. and do you really wish to be reinstated under these persons?

you can sue for damages against the persons who did this under the principle of abuse of right. you may look at the rules for small claim at sc.judiciary.gov.ph

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5ILLEGAL EXPULSION FROM AN ORGANIZATION Empty Re: ILLEGAL EXPULSION FROM AN ORGANIZATION Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:21 pm

kdfb0630

kdfb0630
Arresto Menor

Thank you very much! Smile) I'll check it now. Thanks soooooo much!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum