Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Organization - Legal issues

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Organization - Legal issues Empty Organization - Legal issues Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:36 am

Villante

Arresto Menor

We have an existing organization which composed of Alumni who is working as personnel in our alma mater school and also the said organization is a chapter of the Alumni Association (with sec registration).

I am insisting that, we apply as accredited organization of our school and retain to be a chapter of Alumni Association. But some of the officers said that it will be double identity and it is not legally possible.

Is there really a legal implication on it?

Thanks in advance.

-Ivan

2Organization - Legal issues Empty Re: Organization - Legal issues Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:54 am

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

Yes the legal implications are as follows:

1. It will create a public confusion between the mother alumni association and your organization as to who will be the bona fide "alumni association".
2.Your idea of "accreditation" will have an effect of creating "NEW and Separate entity" of mother alumni association. Therefore, if granted, there would be now two alumni associations and your present status being a "chapter" will be lost.

3Organization - Legal issues Empty Re: Organization - Legal issues Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 am

Villante

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your reply tsi ming choi...

Can you enlighten me more.
Comment for number 1: the membership of our organization is limited only for the alumni working in our alma mater shool; we have different organization name with the mother alumni association; with these, I dont think it will create public confusion.
Comment for number 2: Even without the accreditation from the management, it is clear that our scope is only within the premises of our school unlike the mother alumni associate, its cover all the alumni aspect even outside the school premises.

My main objective why I'm insisting the idea is, there was a time that our mother alumni associate was suspended to conduct activities inside our school for a year, and since our organization is a chapter, we were also suspended. I dont want it to happen again.

Also, just like when I was a student, our school organization was accredited by our school and we applied as a chapter organization of one of the well-known national professional organization. Is there any difference?

Thanks in advance

4Organization - Legal issues Empty Re: Organization - Legal issues Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:27 am

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

1. My view on public confusion refers to the fact that a graduate from your school will automatically belong to one alumni association regardless such alumni is working or not working in his alma mater.

2. Your intention to create an association is not prohibited but it will create disparity between an alumni working in the school and an alumni not working in the school, likewise, it will duplicate the function of your intended organization and the school-established alumni association, as well as the allegiance of the alumni-members.

Scenario: What will happen if the proposed activity of your organization inside the school premises is objectionable by the alumni association?

Likewise, where do you think the allegiance of the alumni-members working in the school be? In your side? or on the other side?

In order to address the " previous suspension " problem, it is humble to say that there is need for a change of set of officers who are directing the affairs on the mother association and not on creating a new organization having the same function or purpose.

5Organization - Legal issues Empty Re: Organization - Legal issues Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:01 pm

Villante

Arresto Menor

Many thanks tsi ming choi.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum