Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

MINIMUM TENURE BOND

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1MINIMUM TENURE BOND Empty MINIMUM TENURE BOND Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:29 am

lesterparadero

Arresto Menor

Hi, I signed an employment contract with a minimum tenure bond for 2 years. The contract states that if i failed to complete the minimum tenure, I should pay for an amount of 20,000 as a cost of turnover.

They also have a policy that they will hold the first 15 days of salary of the employees. They said that is for the Insurance bond but they hold it without my permission.

For the both inquiries, is it legal? what are the binding factors? Its my 3rd month and i want to resign due to some personal reason.

2MINIMUM TENURE BOND Empty Re: MINIMUM TENURE BOND Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:39 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi, I signed an employment contract with a minimum tenure bond for 2 years. The contract states that if i failed to complete the minimum tenure, I should pay for an amount of 20,000 as a cost of turnover.
- yes this is legal if you agreed to it.

They also have a policy that they will hold the first 15 days of salary of the employees. They said that is for the Insurance bond but they hold it without my permission.
- they will hold it till you resign or are terminated? No this is not legal but unless you have it in writing that this is exactly what they did, the employer will just claim that the salary you already received was for the first 15 days of your employment.

3MINIMUM TENURE BOND Empty Re: MINIMUM TENURE BOND Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:03 pm

lesterparadero

Arresto Menor

thank you for the quick reply.

The 2nd inquiry, they will hold it until i resigned or terminated. There's no written document about this and I just made aware of it when they hold it. I can support this with my payslips.

*Plus is that if i resign, my last 15 days of salary will be HOLD too. *company policy*

Then those 2 cutoff that was HOLD will be part of my Backpay which is not right, right?

knowing that the bond is legal, If i resigned now, I'm guessing that the HOLD salary will be made to pay the bond. that's my whole basic salary. Thus, my basic salary cannot cover the bond in which I also guessing that 13th month will be hold too.

What's your insight?

Thank you so much

4MINIMUM TENURE BOND Empty Re: MINIMUM TENURE BOND Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:06 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

its not legal to deduct from your salary to serve as deposit for a minimum tenure bond. the placing of your last salary on hold is legal though and is common practice

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum