Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Detained in hospital

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Detained in hospital Empty Detained in hospital Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:11 pm

zacsmith996

Arresto Menor

Hi. My wife is currently detained in a hospital. She was rushed there and had emergency surgery a few days ago. The doctors have informed her she is well enough to leave. Unfortunately we have been hit with a 175k php bill. We do not have the funds to pay this so she is being held there against her will. I am looking for any advice on how to get her out. I'm a foreigner so I'm currently not in Philippines to help, I've been able to send basically all I have which is 44k at the moment. But the hospital wont accept this they want a full payment. I've read about promissory notes but my wife does not have an estate so I don't think she can make one?

Basically is there anyway to negotiate a payment plan with the hospital? Give them the 44k now as a down payment then pay the rest monthly? as paying the lump sum of 175k is currently impossible and she is desperate to leave. Any help is appreciated.

(Again foreigner so I can't understand posts in tagalog. Thanks in advance.)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum