Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Detained in the hospital

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Detained in the hospital Empty Detained in the hospital Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:38 pm

bubbles

Arresto Menor

I need an advise regarding my case. I was rushed here in the hospital last week and was admmitted. Supposedly after two days, pwede na po akong lumabas pero dahil hindi po na cover ng health card, ako po ang dapat magbayad lahat ng hospital bills and professional fees ng mga doctors. Di po pumayag yung hospital na bayaran ko yung half tapos promissory note na lang na babayaran ko yung kulang every pay day. Ang nangyari po ngayon, di ako makalabas dahil parang naka detain ako dito sa loob ng hospital so lalo lang lumalaki yung babayaran ko. Worst, di na po ako nakakapasok. 9 days na po akong nagsstay dito sa hospital.

Ano po bang pwede naming gawin?

2Detained in the hospital Empty Re: Detained in the hospital Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:43 pm

resjudicata

Arresto Mayor

There is a special law specifically banning hospitals from doing this bad practice. In case you have not yet avail of the services of a counsel, the best thing that you can do is to collate all the necessary documents i.e., receipts, hospital bills, letters etc.which can establish that you have been staying there for almost two weeks now. Also the document that will show that they are not allowing you to be released unless you settle the bills.

3Detained in the hospital Empty Re: Detained in the hospital Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:25 pm

bubbles

Arresto Menor

i have all the documents except for the letter stating that they're not allowing me to be released since they're not sending such letter. They're just sending the billing dept representative saying that I can never be released unless I pay them in full.

4Detained in the hospital Empty Re: Detained in the hospital Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:50 pm

attyLLL

the law is RA9439 but the protection applies only to patients who did not stay in private rooms. under the implementing rules, a private room includes a room where four people are sharing the room with dividers.

if you are in a private room, have yourself moved to the ward and then try to assert your rights under RA9439.

try to get police assistance to get out. if they physically force you to stay, charge them with coercion or illegal detention.

Last edited by attyLLL on Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5Detained in the hospital Empty Re: Detained in the hospital Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:09 pm

ferdiem

Arresto Menor

Hi bubbles,

My name is Ferdie Morano. I'm a senior law student doing a thesis on RA 9439 and its apparent violation of the non-impairment-for-debt clause found in the Constitution. I'm looking for a person who has experienced being detained in a hospital because of alleged non-payment of hospital bills. May I ask if I can interview you regarding your experience? Rest assured, all data gathered shall be treated with utmost confidentiality and shall solely be for academic purposes only. You may text me at 09206261884 or e-mail me at ferdiemorano_63@yahoo.com. I've already contacted several hospitals but they won't allow me to interview their patients. I really want to expose these seemingly illegal scheme of hospitals. I hope you grant my request. Thank you!

6Detained in the hospital Empty Re: Detained in the hospital Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:00 pm

wolverine2

wolverine2
lawyer

@ferdiem

Why don't you also do bubbles a favor by helping her out of the hospital?

sifone

7Detained in the hospital Empty Re: Detained in the hospital Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:10 pm

ferdiem

Arresto Menor

Yes sir, I'm more than willing to help her because that's the purpose of my thesis. But, I should be in contact with her first.

8Detained in the hospital Empty Re: Detained in the hospital Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:19 pm

wolverine2

wolverine2
lawyer

Nice to hear that. Good luck to your studies and God Bless.

sifone

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum