Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Urgent Resignation

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Urgent Resignation Empty Urgent Resignation Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:42 pm

ducos_j

ducos_j
Arresto Menor

Hi,

I had tendered my resignation last Aug. 30, as I need to start on my new job by Sept. 5. However, my boss required me that I need to stay for 30 days. I did not have regularization contract. Can I contest or object on what she's demanding?

Thanks.

2Urgent Resignation Empty Re: Urgent Resignation Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:59 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

ducos_j wrote:Hi,

I had tendered my resignation last Aug. 30, as I need to start on my new job by Sept. 5. However, my boss required me that I need to stay  for 30 days. I did not have regularization contract. Can I contest or object on what she's demanding?

Thanks.

Generally you can't.

The LC indicates a minimum 30 days notice period unless it is waived by the company.

You may be liable for damages for failure to comply as that may be a breach of contract.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Urgent Resignation Empty Re: Urgent Resignation Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:03 pm

ducos_j

ducos_j
Arresto Menor

Hi,

On my probationary contract, yes it was stated that I need to render 30 days. But I did not receive or notified that I am already a regular employee after my probationary period. I am planning not to go to the office and just notify them via email or text that I will be absent, can they still charge me on this?

4Urgent Resignation Empty Re: Urgent Resignation Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:17 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

ducos_j wrote:Hi,

On my probationary contract, yes it was stated that I need to render 30 days. But I did not receive or notified that I am already a regular employee after my probationary period. I am planning not to go to the office and just notify them via email or text that I will be absent, can they still charge me on this?

Being a regular employee (or not) does not have any bearing on the situation.

Firstly - there is no requirement that after your proby period you are supposed to receive any other document stating your regularization. It's nice to have it, but not generally a requirement. The LC also states that if you continue to work after your proby period then you are already considered regularized.

Secondly - the obligations in your probationary contract do not just disappear or are cancelled if you change status. The only rules or procedures that are removed are those that are patently illegal. All others stay as is.

Thirdly - the LC does not distinguish between probationary or regular employment when it comes to giving notice of resignation. All employees are required to do so.

5Urgent Resignation Empty Re: Urgent Resignation Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:21 pm

ducos_j

ducos_j
Arresto Menor

What about my latter question, I am planning not to go to the office and just notify them via email or text that I will be absent, can they still charge me on this? Will it be considered AWOL given the fact that I really need to tender 30 days.

6Urgent Resignation Empty Re: Urgent Resignation Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:26 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

if your question is, pwede ka ba nila i-charge for damages because hindi ka nagrender ng 30 days. Yes pwede

7Urgent Resignation Empty Re: Urgent Resignation Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:35 pm

ducos_j

ducos_j
Arresto Menor

I mean, ok saken yung 30 days, but I won't be coming sa office all the time. I will just notify them that I will be absent, is it ok? Please enlighten me.

8Urgent Resignation Empty Re: Urgent Resignation Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:39 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

ducos_j wrote:I mean, ok saken yung 30 days, but I won't be coming sa office all the time. I will just notify them that I will be absent, is it ok? Please enlighten me.

The 30 days notice is for you to turn over your accountabilities, endorse work, etc.

If you won't be around, in effect you're not "rendering" the notice period.

Like if you resign by Oct 1 but don't actually report to work anymore by Sep 5, it's just like filing your resignation with a 5 day notice.

9Urgent Resignation Empty Re: Urgent Resignation Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:44 pm

ducos_j

ducos_j
Arresto Menor

Needless to say, may habol pa rin sila saken. Kasi during the 30 days period di all the time makakapasok ako.

10Urgent Resignation Empty Re: Urgent Resignation Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:59 pm

ducos_j

ducos_j
Arresto Menor

lukekyle wrote:if your question is, pwede ka ba nila i-charge for damages because hindi ka nagrender ng 30 days.  Yes pwede

Anong possible charges pwede nila i-charge saken, if ever?

11Urgent Resignation Empty Re: Urgent Resignation Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:02 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

thats up to the company but if absent ka then hindi ka nagrender ng 30 days. If your contract is silent, it would depend na on the employer on what they charge you with.

But don't worry they have to substantiate naman yung charges. It can't be arbitrary

12Urgent Resignation Empty Re: Urgent Resignation Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:10 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

But generally that may mean nominal damages - anywhere from 30K to 50K, but could be more, especially if umabot pa sa korte yan.

13Urgent Resignation Empty Re: Urgent Resignation Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:21 pm

ducos_j

ducos_j
Arresto Menor

That's good to know. Thank you guys for answering my query.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum