Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sino dapat gumawa ng NTE (Notice to Explain)?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

salt8pepper

Arresto Menor

Greetings po,

I am a manager and I have a question regarding NTE.
Our HRD emailed a memo that Managers should create the NTEs and serve it to the concerned staff under his/her department.

Di po ba dapat ang gagawa ng NTE ay ang HRD at idadaan na lang sa immediate superior of the staff concern for issuance?

Our HRD also informed us that we, as managers, have HR functions. Ano-ano po ung mga HR functions na yun if indeed meron nga HR functions to do as managers?

Salamat sa mag reply to this question.

Steh

Arresto Menor

Hi..
Im an Admin/HR for years now, and I always prepare and issue the NTE.. the Managers, Supervisors will submit to me the Incident report, my basis for issuing the NTE then proceed to the due process.

Its true that managers and supervisors have some HR function (in my practice only) , but more on recommendations  on discipline or merit/demerit aspect. and those are the periodic evaluation and incident reports

Company SOP's are "personalized" based on the set-up.. wala namang written standards yan, but of course its better if you have outlined the job descriptions and process procedures clear to each and everyone

salt8pepper

Arresto Menor

@Steh,

Our HRD used to issue the NTEs, the same way you describe in your reply, until recently.

Almost all our HR personnel are new (read: millennials), the "old" ones have resigned or retired, which makes me ask myself "Do the new HR people know what they are doing or is this the new way of doing HR work?"  scratch

Anyway, thank you so much for the reply.

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

salt8pepper wrote:Greetings po,

Our HRD emailed a memo that Managers should create the NTEs and serve it to the concerned staff under his/her department.

Di po ba dapat ang gagawa ng NTE ay ang HRD at idadaan na lang sa immediate superior of the staff concern for issuance?

Our HRD also informed us that we, as managers, have HR functions. Ano-ano po ung mga HR functions na yun if indeed meron nga HR functions to do as managers?

Salamat sa mag reply to this question.

Yes, managers have HR functions too. One would be the drafting and issuance of NTEs. However, this only pertains to minor cases as well as to other minor functions.

Why would you think your HR people know or not what they're doing. There's nothing irregular on the delegation of HR functions to managers by the way. Talk to your HR to know the bounds of their delegation and the bounds of your new HR functions.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

salt8pepper wrote:Greetings po,

Dapat siguro maturuan din ang mga manager at supervisor ng mga labor laws at company policies - parang "HR for non-HR" para maintindihan nila ang mga tamang proseso.

And yes, pwedeng (and in my opinion, dapat lang) na ang manager ang gumawa ng NTE at mag serve nito, lalo na since sila ang merong first-hand knowledge ng mga incident na nangyayari.

In my years in the BPO industry we empower our managers and supervisors to do these things and more.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum