Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

surname problem, what to do?

+6
michelle herodias
greencloud
rijana
attyLLL
udmlaw
hay nako
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1surname problem, what to do? Empty surname problem, what to do? Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:13 pm

hay nako

Arresto Menor

need help please
im using my fathers surname i recently got my NSO birth cert and my mothers surname is registered. I'm already 32 y/o and have 3 kids. what should i do to use my fathers last name in NSO? both of my parents are deceased and they are not married. Or if I cannot use my fathers surname how can i correct my surname to all of my documents and also for my kids middle name.

TIA

2surname problem, what to do? Empty Re: surname problem, what to do? Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:45 pm

udmlaw

Reclusion Temporal

Any proof that you were recognized by the father? If yes you can file a case in court to amend your birth cert so that your father's name will be shown. Huwag lang "unknown" ang nakalagay sa father. Kasi kung ganun e parang nagpa-ampon ka sa father mo without going through the legal process of adoption. Now if that is not the casemyou have to prove na kinilala ka ng father mo while your father was still alive.

3surname problem, what to do? Empty Re: surname problem, what to do? Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:51 am

hay nako

Arresto Menor

Any idea how much it would cost me to file it in court? Pictures and educational plan na ang father ko po kumuha. Pwede na po ba un?

4surname problem, what to do? Empty Re: surname problem, what to do? Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:53 am

hay nako

Arresto Menor

gaano katagal po kaya process nun?

5surname problem, what to do? Empty Re: surname problem, what to do? Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:06 pm

attyLLL

if you are still in contact with your father, ask him to sign an affidavit authorizing you to use his surname and ask the LCR to accept that.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

rijana

Arresto Menor

Good morning po
Anu po mga kaylangan ko para magamit ko last name ng papa ko kasi. Sa lahat po ng mga requirements ko katulad ng sss kay papang last name ang gnagamit ko pero an nakalagay s nso ko last name ng mama ko. Panu po yun anu kaylangan kong gawin.

Plz help po

7surname problem, what to do? Empty Re: surname problem, what to do? Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:20 pm

attyLLL

go to the civil registrar and inquire about the authority to use surname of the father

8surname problem, what to do? Empty Re: surname problem, what to do? Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:36 pm

greencloud

Arresto Menor

Hi po,

I just need a legal advise with regards to having my first and last name changed to something else other than my mom and dads family names. I will be using different names po dito as an example so I can better explain my situation and at the same time protect my true identity.

For example, my father registered the name GREG V. MOLINA JR. for me. He put the Jr. there even though Greg is just his nickname. His real name is GEORGE Mandane y MOLINA. My mother's name is EDITH Acosta y MOLINA. They are not married and the reason why they share the same last name is because they are 3rd cousins. They have been separated for about 20yrs now. Now the 'V' there on my middle name stands for VALENCIA. Later when I was old enough to do a little research about my name, I found out we don't have any Valencia in our bloodline.

In other words I have a very fucked up name. Now what I would like to know is is there a way that I can have both of my first name and last name change to something else such as JOSEPH Acosta y MOLINA after my mom, or to an even more personalized name such as JOSEPH Acosta y GUIDO for instance.

The main reason why I'm asking this is because having this very confusing mixed up name seems to be one of the reason why I can't really move forward in life. I honestly can say that I'm not really proud with my name at all. For me it's like a bottleneck to my progress as a person. I just wanted to have my own non-fucked up identity. Is this possible? Thank you.

http://www.yomgee.com

9surname problem, what to do? Empty Re: surname problem, what to do? Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:35 am

attyLLL

the easiest change is to change it to greg a. molina to follow the proper middle name.

changing your name beyond that will require a petition in court and you'll need to prove a valid ground to change it

10surname problem, what to do? Empty Hi TIA Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:41 am

michelle herodias

Arresto Menor

Ask ko lang if okay na ang surname mo? kasi same ang case ninyo ng brother ko..

11surname problem, what to do? Empty Re: surname problem, what to do? Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:44 pm

carine

Arresto Menor

ask ko lang po if magkakaron ako ng problema applying for visa or passport if ever dko pinacorrect yung surname ko ? mali po kasi ng isang letter surname ko ang sabi ng school ko pag dko pinacorrect kung ano yung nasa nso yun yung susundin na ilalagay sa diploma. magkakaron po ba ako ng problema pag di pinaayos ? thank you in advance

12surname problem, what to do? Empty Re: surname problem, what to do? Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:46 pm

carine

Arresto Menor

ask ko lang po if magkakaron ako ng problema applying for visa or passport if ever dko pinacorrect yung surname ko ? mali po kasi ng isang letter surname ko ang sabi ng school ko pag dko pinacorrect kung ano yung nasa nso yun yung susundin na ilalagay sa diploma. magkakaron po ba ako ng problema pag di pinaayos ? thank you in advance

13surname problem, what to do? Empty Re: surname problem, what to do? Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:59 pm

joymi

Arresto Menor

@carine

Kung ano kase nakalagay sa birth cert mo, yun ang susundin at ilalagay sa passport mo. Kaya ayusin mo muna birth cert mo bago ka kumuha ng passport. Punta ka na sa civil registrar kung san ka pinanganak, sasabihin naman nila requirements. Good luck.

14surname problem, what to do? Empty Re: surname problem, what to do? Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:35 pm

yonaveluz

Arresto Menor

Hi ask ko lang po, halos parehas lang din sa case ko. surname ng tatay ko gamit ko simula po ng nag aral ako hanggang sa makpag work, im 21 years old and pagkakuha ko nso copy ng birth certificate ko surname pa ng nanay ko. meron naman po akong acknowledgment na may pirma ng tatay ko. ano po gagawin ko para maayos nso copy ko. thanks

15surname problem, what to do? Empty Re: surname problem, what to do? Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:29 pm

andric_08

Arresto Menor

hi
gamit kopo ang last name ng father ko pero nung nasa birth certificate ko is gamit ko ang username ng mother ko, before ny father died meron syang pinagawa na joint affidavit na nag papatunay na anak nya ako dated 1996 pa po yun, pwede ko ba gamitin ang jont affidavit na may signature ng father ko sa pag correct ng surname ko?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum